• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alderman to Train Indian Pacers!!!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Odd...so they don't want a bowling coach after all? Sheesh that's quite a silly thing to do, I mean India's seamers need coaching badly and if they are going to perform in the World Cup then surely they need some help...

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
Well strickly speaking any help would be much more needed by English bowlers, as help would include getting them fit to be back into the team. :D
Well at least they usually take Wickets when they get on the field :lol:
Oh yeah !! Getting six wickets against PM 11 surely must have inflated the English team confidence! :frog::frog::frog:

First, the bowlers hardly last one full series.Secondarily if they have been doing so well then why Aus have been making merry of English attack? forget Aus, even India managed to draw a series in England and somone like Agarkar came up with a ton against a dull English attack:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
Well strickly speaking any help would be much more needed by English bowlers, as help would include getting them fit to be back into the team. :D
Well at least they usually take Wickets when they get on the field :lol:
Oh yeah !! Getting six wickets against PM 11 surely must have inflated the English team confidence! :frog::frog::frog:

First, the bowlers hardly last one full series.Secondarily if they have been doing so well then why Aus have been making merry of English attack? forget Aus, even India managed to draw a series in England and somone like Agarkar came up with a ton against a dull English attack:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ok, come on then, show me an Indian pacer of note! And don't say Khan...he averages 36 or so. :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by warrioryohannan Can you show me an English pacer of note???
Caddick has 200+ Test Wickets, Gough also has 200+ Test Wickets and despite his injury, also has the highest number of ODI Wickets taken by an Englishman, and Hoggard was the fastest Englishmen to 50 Test Wickets...Not so bad now are they?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway could you please keep to the subject and stop making stupid comments about the English Bowlers will you? This is about India, not England.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by warrioryohannan Can you show me an English pacer of note???
Caddick has 200+ Test Wickets, Gough also has 200+ Test Wickets and despite his injury, also has the highest number of ODI Wickets taken by an Englishman, and Hoggard was the fastest Englishmen to 50 Test Wickets...Not so bad now are they?
Srinath has 200+ test wickets and if he isn't in the team right now then so isn't Gough!
As for Hoggard, he's an ordinary bowler, what did he do against Australi?? Also, Ajit had a record of fastest 50 wkts not just in India but in the world, but look where he stands now!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Then that leaves us with Caddick versus Nehra or Yohannan...I know which one I would pick and just about everyone else would. The guy with 200 Test Wickets...

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Then that leaves us with Caddick versus Nehra or Yohannan...I know which one I would pick and just about everyone else would. The guy with 200 Test Wickets...
Agreed, he's better than the present Indian pacers though isn't a great bowler either.Still India has Harbhajan and Karthik in their attack, does England have one quality spinner??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
Agreed, he's better than the present Indian pacers though isn't a great bowler either.Still India has Harbhajan and Karthik in their attack, does England have one quality spinner??
Giles is at least on a par with Kartik. Anyway admittedly England need a good Spinner but other than that there arn't many problems.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Giles have been around since a long time, Kartik has just arrived.And there is not a single quality offspinner in English team.

You do have some serious problem with your bowling line up!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Giles have been around since a long time, Kartik has just arrived.And there is not a single quality offspinner in English team.

You do have some serious problem with your bowling line up!
When they are fit we have Gough and Caddick with 200+ Test Wickets each, Hoggard, Jones and Harmison in reserve with Flintoff and White as all-rounders. I don't call that bad. Anyway there are some very talented spinners coming through like Panesar at Northants and numerous others.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
There is a big WHEN and IF with your argument, frankly i don't even think there will be a time when we will see all the English bowlers fit at the same time and playing a match!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

There is a big WHEN and IF with your argument, frankly i don't even think there will be a time when we will see all the English bowlers fit at the same time and playing a match!
That's your opinion, and not one shared by everyone.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Its fine with me, i know i am right about it mate!
Yet again it's your opinion but this time even less people would agree with you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As for Hoggard, he's an ordinary bowler, what did he do against Australi?? Also, Ajit had a record of fastest 50 wkts not just in India but in the world, but look where he stands now!
Hoggard's record was in proper cricket and included a tour of India where starting in only his 3rd Test ever he had to lead the attack. He was top seamer by a mile in that series.

When you consider he hardly got a bowl on his debut because it was the 54 all out Windies display, it only serves to make his record even more impressive.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178
Hoggard's record was in proper cricket and included a tour of India where starting in only his 3rd Test ever he had to lead the attack. He was top seamer by a mile in that series.

When you consider he hardly got a bowl on his debut because it was the 54 all out Windies display, it only serves to make his record even more impressive.
Yeah in the Indian series he was playing along with many great pacers on either sides!

And what is the guy doing now??