Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Slag Off England Thread

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Originally posted by MrPerko
    Yeah....

so back to slagging off the English...

I think they're poo-poo heads.

:P
    Well the Mighty English team will be taking on Aussies in a onedayer tomorrow.It will be good if Aussies bat first , that way atleast we will get to see one side batting out all their 50 overs!

Rik
    See...this guy understands the rules...follow the topic!!!
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Especially when the topic is pure fun

Rik
    Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana

Especially when the topic is pure fun
    It's not fun, it's just to show you how boring it gets slagging England off when your told to do so...

Well atleast for us its fun

Though people who aren't having fun are managing to put up a smile on their face, i really like that!

Rik
    It's a non-serious thread...so I won't mention NZ...*whistles innocently* :saint:

Series has just started in NZ, in Aus its been a long long time, and long long time till its get over.:P

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    You should have named this the "Mutual slagging off thread - England v India" because that's what it will no doubt become.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana

Series has just started in NZ, in Aus its been a long long time, and long long time till its get over.:P
    so...bashing for 3 weeks is better then a bashing for 2 1/2 ? And I will mention NZ, the Mighty Indian's are having real fun..
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Let's make it mutual slagging
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Rik
    Originally posted by MrPerko
    I think they're poo-poo heads.
    :P
    Your words are daggers to my soul

International Debutant
    IMO there is a difference to 'slagging' and being 'critical' (even if severely so)......

'slagging' is for the terrace elements, whereas you can be severely critical based upon current performances......

just because we may rubbish anyone for their current performance does not mean that we are 'slagging' or 'bashing' their past record - just their current form / tour / match....(or so it is in my case)......

e.g. - I've given my share of it to England re this tour, yet I have also said that I do not think they are 'the worst' and have actually improved under Hussain - I just think it's 'The Ashes' thing and playing v the Aussies (which very few teams can do credibly at the moment).

I only rate India & SL for Home Test & ODI Series, and would rate England above them for Away Test Series. As I rate Test cricket above ODI, this puts England ahead of them both in my book - regardless of any averages / records held etc. So what if Sachin is 'the best since Bradman' - bottom line cricket is a team game & India have a crap Test series record Away from Home!!!!

Banned
    Originally posted by anzac
    I only rate India & SL for Home Test & ODI Series, and would rate England above them for Away Test Series. As I rate Test cricket above ODI, this puts England ahead of them both in my book - regardless of any averages / records held etc. So what if Sachin is 'the best since Bradman' - bottom line cricket is a team game & India have a crap Test series record Away from Home!!!!

When comapring the 2 teams, its important to look at the result of the matches played between the two.India won the home series against England and drew the away series with England !
    Now since India has a crap away record, then what do you make of England failing to win a 5 match test series against them on their own back yard???

International Debutant
    sorry mate - the fact that India drew the Away series in England means jack **** when taken in context that they have not WON and Away series for 17 YEARS!!!!!!!

until they do I will reserve the right to my opinion that they have & will continue to have a crap Away record until they do so, and that their so called batting attack is only suited to OD cricket & their Home conditions.....a shame as they have some talent, but not the application!!!!!!

hey this means that if Zimbabawe come up with an Away series victory over Bangladesh b4 India wins a series, that they are a better Away team than India ....

until they do I will reserve the right to my opinion that they have & will continue to have a crap Away record until they do so,
    Make it consistently winning away, otherwise a single away victory will weigh upon the past 17 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information