• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ground Grubber

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Trevor Chappel bowled an under arm (yucky title for a delivery) to the last man I think, when the chasing team needed 6 of the last ball or something like that. Pretty lame.

Never knew its called the ground grubber.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was never sure which Chappell it was, but I've just got the definitive answer from StatsGuru (someone had already asked it).

http://www.cricket.org/link_to_database/INTERACTIVE/ASK_PHILIP/200102/ODI_GEN.html

Note : whereas my link to their site and the Q/A works, theirs to the database doesn't. Copy the whole link as is on their site, paste into your 'Address' box on IE/Netscape/Konqueror then delete the space after the hyphen and before the 81 - it works then.

Hi,Roy. Good to have you along.

Kimbo

International Debutant
He bowled it to a kiwi. it was against nz. wouldn't expect anything else from aussies... bunch of ex convicts.... ;)jk

there was an ad for instant kiwi (scratch and win tickets) where the batsmen put his box on the ground and the ball kicked up off it and he hammered it for six.

anyway... the rule i usually play by is 3 bounces is a no ball.

marto

Cricket Spectator
wingers

all you other people cant stop sooking can you just face the fact that the australian cricket team is the greatest team ever.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: wingers

marto said:
all you other people cant stop sooking can you just face the fact that the australian cricket team is the greatest team ever.
Nice first post, marto.

Concise and to the point.

Now if you could add in less than 5,000 words WHY they are the greatest team ever, you will go even higher in my estimation.

As for actually posting your remark in the wrong thread, it's a shame that no-one else is likely to read it in the context it was intended.

Welcome to Cricket Web. ;)

cbuts

International Debutant
brian mckentny was the batter who faced the underarm, he was also an all black involved in another controversy. he kicked the winning goal when we beat wales when hayden "dived out of the line out"

inc_haydn

Cricket Spectator
all u ppl who get grubbers need 2 learn 2 mow ur lawn :P
we just play on pavement and if u somehow bowl a ball with 3 bounces it is a dead ball

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Never happens, grounds too hard, balls too bouncy, pitch is too short, we're too good

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
daisy cutter=noball. we say if you bowl a noball of any kind the batter can hit it any amount of times + noballs cant be out even if its 6 and out after hitting it 30 times. but the batter must get the ball after tonking it over the fence :dry:

thierry henry

International Coach
My backyard tends to bounce unevenly at times, although it isn't the worst surface, and my little brother has an uncanny ability to make the ball keep low.

Our rule is that if the ball bounces more than once prior to reaching the batsman, it is a no-ball. It's a very good rule imo.