• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Goofy Umpires !!!

FRAZ

International Captain
I had a nasty experience while playing a 3rd class league match a few days ago and note that "that OLD guy was drunk" and off course the first argument he had was with the favorite forum member of yours .
I mean I felt disgusted and had so many disrespectful feelings towards that umpire . Is their any law or ethical codes specified for such an umpire?
We won anyhow but this guy was so angry with our team and especially me that he gave 3 LBWs against us and called a few dead balls (uselessly) while I was bowling and was extremely harsh on me when I was bowling and gave so so many wides ....He had a wish that my team should lose but we won for his internal embarrassment !!!
We are planning to report this guy to the authorities ..... I mean "drinking" well pfft
Anyways !! I hate umpires tbh !!!!!
http://www.cricketstar.net/ccat/index.jsp?form=matchrev&r=matchrev&game_number=247&season_id=2007

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
I play for my local club because my school doesnt have a team and last season we played a bunch of kids about my age or a little bit more (16-18). They all carried on like pricks and insulted us for our umpiring even though we were going off of the standard set by themselves earlier in the day. They picked on me I assume because of my young age. It was clear these guys were ignorant of the rules as well, though they ofcourse thought they knew it all. Was the most pitiful display ive ever seen on a cricket field. I lost it when they saying allsorts of things when I got out. Out of all the games I've played I regret losing that one the most.

cover drive man

International Captain
I had a nasty experience while playing a 3rd class league match a few days ago and note that "that OLD guy was drunk" and off course the first argument he had was with the favorite forum member of yours .
I mean I felt disgusted and had so many disrespectful feelings towards that umpire . Is their any law or ethical codes specified for such an umpire?
We won anyhow but this guy was so angry with our team and especially me that he gave 3 LBWs against us and called a few dead balls (uselessly) while I was bowling and was extremely harsh on me when I was bowling and gave so so many wides ....He had a wish that my team should lose but we won for his internal embarrassment !!!
We are planning to report this guy to the authorities ..... I mean "drinking" well pfft
Anyways !! I hate umpires tbh !!!!!
http://www.cricketstar.net/ccat/index.jsp?form=matchrev&r=matchrev&game_number=247&season_id=2007
:laugh: They used to serve pints of larger at my dads old team.