• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Query to kwi posters

brockley

International Captain
What can you tell me about Jason Donnelly.
He played for redbacks 2nd xl last year and is tipped to get a redback contract.
Briefly on cricinfo it said he is from auckland and has been to the NZ academy.
Anyway he is said to be quite a prospect,shouldn't get a go behind bailey and cullen but who knows,especially if either get the test nod.
Its weird we have lost aussies to nz but not the other way round,how the hell did this happen,and why australia?

thierry henry

International Coach
Interesting. I think he was in the under-19 world cup squad for 2005/06. He bowled left arm orthodox alongside Roneel Hira who tbh I rate higher :ph34r:

brockley

International Captain
Julian went through our junior program to my knowledge he has lived most or all of his life in australia,he played australian under 19's as far as i remember.
Dunno about grimmett tho.
Just wonder why donnelly kiwi born and bred would come here,unless his family moved here.
Anyway he is rated as very promising in the redback ranks and well talked about,wouldn't be surprised if he gets a full contract,if he plays first class cricket he would be the first kiwi since jeff crowe in 77/78.