• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond big winner at NZ awards

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
How many games are there in the NZ domestic season? because I'm sure players in Englands domestic county format make over 1000 runs a season, even if it is only a few players. The report said Papps was the first in NZ.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think most players will end up playing 8 times

The State Championship has 6 teams:

Northern Districts
Auckland
Central Districts
Wellington
Canterbury
Otago

Assuming that at least a couple of games in the early part of the season are pretty much rain soaked, out of 10 league games, 8 will be played.

The top two teams then play a 'test' match 5-day final to decide the winner.

This year Northerns drew with Canterbury, Northerns winning the Championship as they topped the league.

The year before Central beat Wellington in the final despite Wellington having topped the league.

I'm a big follower of domestic cricket if you want to know any more info.

Perm

Such a shame Papps was injured before the Test series vs Sri Lanka, he could've really shone. Not surprising to see Bond do so well.

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Such a shame Papps was injured before the Test series vs Sri Lanka, he could've really shone. Not surprising to see Bond do so well.
Yeah Papps has got to be included in the tests (maybe even the ODIs) this summer for New Zealand. He's easily the best opener in NZ atm.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did anyone see Jeetan Patel's shirt at the awards? Honestly. Deserves a 3-match ban for that, absolutely horrendous.

Perm

Can't say I seen them, I was driven away from awards dinners after the Rugby League one a couple of years ago. T'was truly horrible. Though TBF it's always good to see how our cricketers are doing in the :naughty: department.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
didn't see the awards but if they are any thing like the Allan Border medal - all the Blackcap cricketers would have blonde WAGs with lovely choppers.