• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan: I was shut off, wheels fell off

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst you cant always believe the press (out of context, never let the facts get in the way of a good story, etc) the thing that I find most amazing about these comments and some attributed to others is that here we have a guy with no consistent form for years and no tests for 18 months and he's still considered to be an automatic selection - laughable really

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WC was irrelevant, we're talking about Test cricket here.

His form was perfectly acceptible 30 months ago.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Simpsons =!=!=!=! Deadwood, TBH.

The relatively little I've seen seems nothing more than "how to fire a gun 50 times in one hour with 10 different people".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Probably. Never liked that sort of thing, though - hate stuff about all these cliques and trigger-happy bang-bangs.

Anything with too much gunfire in it gets boring very, very quickly for me.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matter of opinion, I'm not the biggest Western fan either, but some of them are alright.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If Vaughan doesn't get on the park for any length of time, or does play, but without any really notable performances this English summer, would his position as the "first choice" captain be getting tenuous, to say the least?