• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 6th-13th May

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I'd second others with the name thing. Just stick to forum names for something like this.

Anyway, thanks.

Swervy

International Captain
I reached 6000 last week!!

I cant beleive the Hayden vs Hussain thread didnt get a mention:-O

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought to pick the Hayden-Hussain thread for the Warnie would have been blowing my own trumpet, TBH... though I did have to dissuade Gelman from using one of my posts in it as the Skull...

And to add... by popular demand 8-) I'll use exact posting-IDs only from now on when I do an Awards thread.

Fiery

Banned
Yeah Richard you take this real names thing way too far. It's a bloody chat forum not a tupperware party. And no, most people wouldn't know who Sean Fuller is. (Congrats for the award btw Sean)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forum names should be used for this. But good work Dick, and well done to all the winners.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone else think we should just use forum names for this, or is it just me? I'd really like to hear some other opinions on the matter so don't hold back.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes, agree with you Prince EWS. Forum names, and only forum names should be used. This specifically means nothing except forum names should be used while referring to members while announcing the awards.

To put the point across so that no one misses it, awards are being conferred and there are various ways to refer to members:

1) By their forum names.
2) By their original names.
3) By their nick names.

For awards, we should use the first option as a must which is option '1' - forum names.

:D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd describe them simply as "posting-IDs" myself - and as I say... a day ago 8-)... I'll use only those when posting award-threads from now on, due to overwhelming popular demand.

Rob, Fuller, Pratyush, Perm, Gelman, Fiery (although in his case it's just a general thing which completely baffles me)... the list goes on. Seems I'm the only one who thinks using full names is more "official" than using posting-IDs.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the all-rounder thread was a contender for Gatting/Rana. Oh well, congrats all.

And guys, don't you think we should just use forum names when giving the awards?

:happy: