• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 6th-13th May

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. :huh: I actually think some genuinely interesting stuff has come out of it. I'd never given a second's consideration to what I referred to people on-forum as, TBH.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, do we need a discussion on who has who on whose ignore lists?
Post by GeraintIsMyHero is ignored.
I'm not particularly comfortable with people using my name - which is why I had to explain myself several times over to Richard when he refused to use my forum name some time back.

Basically, the first forum I contributed to was very spiteful (although I'm still there...), and some members wouldn't think twice about being mischievious with information they had gained about other forum members. In fact, one guy from another forum who "invaded" the forum ended up getting the sack from his bosses for inappropriate internet usage once his bosses got an email from a forum member he had deeply offended (and it was a poor insult). There were other factors involved within that forum which made me want to keep my anonymity, and by and large, I keep it to that on all forums I visit (one racing forum, aside). I was happy to reveal my name for the CWXI, and I've done it once or twice on here, but if you're going to address me, please use my forum name. If I had wanted my real name to be used, I would have signed up with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not particularly comfortable with people using my name - which is why I had to explain myself several times over to Richard when he refused to use my forum name some time back.

Basically, the first forum I contributed to was very spiteful (although I'm still there...), and some members wouldn't think twice about being mischievious with information they had gained about other forum members. In fact, one guy from another forum who "invaded" the forum ended up getting the sack from his bosses for inappropriate internet usage once his bosses got an email from a forum member he had deeply offended (and it was a poor insult). There were other factors involved within that forum which made me want to keep my anonymity, and by and large, I keep it to that on all forums I visit (one racing forum, aside). I was happy to reveal my name for the CWXI, and I've done it once or twice on here, but if you're going to address me, please use my forum name. If I had wanted my real name to be used, I would have signed up with it.
Well why TF didn't you just say that? You seriously imagine I'd have refused to change if you gave me a good reason?

As it was, as I mentioned - you can hardly expect me to pander to your unexplained vaguaries while you are generally being a **** to me.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Even people I don't like, I'll stick to their requests if they're simple, and easily carried out.

Here was my initial request. Not too much to ask, I would have thought.

oz_fan

International Regular
I've been a bit busy this week and just reading through the tour threads it doesn't look like anyone has made either a really great prediction or a poor one either. If anyone has any suggestions for either the Tony Greig or Marsh/Lillee awards I would appreciate if you post them here or send me an email at oz_fan_16 at hotmail dot com.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I seriously can't believe some people on this site are so ****ing childish and quite clearly going for arguments and the like. Especially when these people are sometimes grown men, and should know better tbh.

archie mac

International Coach
Back after the move from hell:-O

Thanks Richard:)

Could you please do them again this week mate, I will be back as of next week