• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moody quits as Sri Lanka coach

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough. He did a great job, hard act to follow for whoever takes over.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Why Tom, why did you have to do this to us. Why did you have to take Trevor with you. Thanks for the memory guys, you guys did a great job you did.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

pup11

International Coach
All the crap that was being said about Gilly his Western Australian mate by the Lankan board officials and fans probably made Moody's decision to quit an easier one, but on a more serious note i think he did a fantastic job with the Lankan team and hats off to him for his superb tenure as the Lankan coach.

A job very well done Tom.

pup11

International Coach
But this should not come as a huge suprise to any of us because Justin Langer said a long time ago that Moody was coming back to WA.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Real shame for SL - they're on the verge of big things IMO

Might be a good move for the family but it's a poor business decision - going back to coach a state team in a country where there's no likelihood of being national coach for quite a few years is a definite backward step AND if WA dont improve his market value will only drop

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Real shame for SL - they're on the verge of big things IMO

Might be a good move for the family but it's a poor business decision - going back to coach a state team in a country where there's no likelihood of being national coach for quite a few years is a definite backward step AND if WA dont improve his market value will only drop
I agree its a shame for SL. But I would not say that Tom has no chance of coaching Australia...Because these things can change very quickly and IMO, it would be Australia's loss if they don't seize the opportunity and nail him down sooner or later if not as National coach then at least with the Academy.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Very disappointing for SL ...but that's the way the cookie crumbles...SL Cricket could've offered him a massive deal he could not refuse, but they are very tight fisted when it comes to coaches...and very expansive and lavish when it comes to celebrating among themselves or fighting elections against each other ... that's the state of the administration in SL..:ph34r:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
All the crap that was being said about Gilly his Western Australian mate by the Lankan board officials and fans probably made Moody's decision to quit an easier one, but on a more serious note i think he did a fantastic job with the Lankan team and hats off to him for his superb tenure as the Lankan coach.

A job very well done Tom.
What difference would that make, for one Gilly never plays for WA these days. Secondly Trevor and Tom never said anything about Gilly. What would what others say about someone, make a difference between there relationship.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah Gilchrist was a non-issue here. Would have liked to see him stay at SL for longer, but family reasons are more than acceptable for moving on.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Tom , your efforts will be remembered by the Sri Lankan Fans for a long long time. And you will always remain our friend .

I sincerely wish you all the very best, because you deserve it.

(But if at any time you change your mind please think of us.... :ph34r: )

And as Far as I am concerned ,

SL Cricket's Coaching Honours Roll goes thus -
Tom Moody = Dav Whatmore

Then the rest. Thanks again Tom, you achieved more than anyone else could've in a very short period !! Unbelievable.....you will be missed ...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope Trevor Penney stays , although it seems unlikely... Can't understand why Trevor is following Tom like he was Tom's appendage ...:(

Really if he stayed , SL Cricket should seriously give him a 4 year contract or make him National coach for next 2 years .

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I really hope Trevor Penney stays , although it seems unlikely... Can't understand why Trevor is following Tom like he was Tom's appendage ...:(

Really if he stayed , SL Cricket should seriously give him a 4 year contract or make him National coach for next 2 years .
Yeah it makes no sence at all why would you want to No 2 forever. Im sure Sri Lanka would sign him pretty quick, if he wanted the job. Seriously what would you rather be assistant coach at state side or a national coach. Does look like he has much ambition to me.

If Chappell does to SA, who is left for us to sign?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it makes no sence at all why would you want to No 2 forever. Im sure Sri Lanka would sign him pretty quick, if he wanted the job. Seriously what would you rather be assistant coach at state side or a national coach. Does look like he has much ambition to me.

If Chappell does to SA, who is left for us to sign?
Ashley Mallett or John Wright .

Steve Rixon , Geoff Marsh outside possibilities....or Back to Dav Whatmore ..

I would even try Troy Cooley or some one like that if they are available...

But given Bruce Yardley's strong connections with SL Cricket, I would not rule out some one else from WA even...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ashley Mallett or John Wright .

Steve Rixon , Geoff Marsh outside possibilities....or Back to Dav Whatmore ..

I would even try Troy Cooley or some one like that if they are available...

But given Bruce Yardley's strong connections with SL Cricket, I would not rule out some one else from WA even...
Whats his number, should give him a call IMO

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Should get hold of Steve Ervine, he should have it, hitting his daughter and all.
You are confusing Steve Irwin with Shaun Ervine aren't you?

Not fair to bring their private affairs here, IMO.

But SL cricket could offer Geoff, A chance to become National coach again...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
But SL cricket could offer Geoff, A chance to become National coach again...
He's a good coach and has shown with Zimbabwe he's keen to give one of the less sides a go. We really need someone who wants to make a name for themselves or is looking for a challenge. What about the former Irish coach, what is he going these days?

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
His a good coach and has shown with Zimbabwe his keen to give one of the less sides a go. We really need someone who wants to make a name for themselves or is looking for a challenge. What about the former Irish coach, what is he going these days?
Thanks for completely disregarding what I thought was helpful correction :dry: