• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moody quits as Sri Lanka coach

Matt79

Global Moderator
Real shame for SL - they're on the verge of big things IMO

Might be a good move for the family but it's a poor business decision - going back to coach a state team in a country where there's no likelihood of being national coach for quite a few years is a definite backward step AND if WA dont improve his market value will only drop
TBF, I think factors other than his immediate salary and career progression guided his decision to move home, and that's a balance everyone has to strike for themselves. He basically said that he's not interested in the amount of travel being an international coach requires. And he's getting special personalised sponsorship from a loaded WA fan on top of his salary from the WACA that will mean that his pay doesn't drop that much, at least according to AAP.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
No surprise - and I think he's gone to WA to take a break from international coaching (a la the late Bob Woolmer after the '99 WC) and I wouldn't be surprised if he coaches internationally again in the future (and of course if Neilsen struggles he can boost his CV for the Aussie job if he does well for WA). Adrian Birrell is the name of Ireland's WC coach - I read somewhere he wanted to go back home to SA -pity I reckon an emerging team like BD could have done worse than pick him.

pup11

International Coach
The Gilly factor was one of my bad jokes! which probably has been taken seriously.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Hahaha.... chaminda.. don't make any grammer mistakes in the future mate otherwise fiery might lock you up in a jail along with Watson.

clown

Cricket Spectator
Moods & Trev were the best coaching combinations lanka ever had and to loose both of them to state cricket is a shame. I'am really cut that they quit, especially Moods, when we are starting to look more professional and in form. But Lanka did a good by asking for his help finding a new coach.........I just hope the next one will be at the same standard.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good coaches, they did well with Sri Lanka. It was always likely to happen that Moody would quit, in a way it's good to get the official word.

R_D

International Debutant
bad news for Sri Lankan cricket i guess... someone tell him india's looking for a coach :p