• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Bracewell Story (so far?)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Love the way Edmunds gets one coach's story and I get five...

Looking forward to it. :) And a good piece from him APU, I might add.

Last edited:

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Interesting, if not completely inadequte, report. McCullum opening was the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Oh, wait... no, that goes to Kyle Mills coming in at 3 to "protect" a completely gutless, and now married, captain.

Winning 2/3 of our ODIs is promising, and we have actually won series with 3 teams in them, the Natwest victory probably being the most pleasing. The 4-1 ODI series against SA in NZ was a very pleasing result, but I always thought Smith had the last laugh with a brilliant century against us to tie the Test series.

We're ranked 3rd in the world (last I looked), and that's where we came in the latest world cup, so I'm happy enough with that. Considering our talent, level of domestic cricket, number of professionals, I think it's quite well done personally, although I was naturally disappointed when we were knocked out by a team I know we can beat.

Tests? Well, do we actually play them? I can't remember, and that's half our problem. Not impressed we still do not have an opening partnership.

Flem274*

123/5
Interesting, if not completely inadequte, report. McCullum opening was the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Oh, wait... no, that goes to Kyle Mills coming in at 3 to "protect" a completely gutless, and now married, captain.

Winning 2/3 of our ODIs is promising, and we have actually won series with 3 teams in them, the Natwest victory probably being the most pleasing. The 4-1 ODI series against SA in NZ was a very pleasing result, but I always thought Smith had the last laugh with a brilliant century against us to tie the Test series.

We're ranked 3rd in the world (last I looked), and that's where we came in the latest world cup, so I'm happy enough with that. Considering our talent, level of domestic cricket, number of professionals, I think it's quite well done personally, although I was naturally disappointed when we were knocked out by a team I know we can beat.

Tests? Well, do we actually play them? I can't remember, and that's half our problem. Not impressed we still do not have an opening partnership.
Don't worry, the openers should be sorted soon if Papps continues his good form. Cumming is peforming OK and How has a bit of class about him which will hopefully show through sooner rather than later. It would also be nice if Vincent didn't get himself dropped again.

AND FLEMING IS NOT GUTLESS!!!!!!!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me, Bracewell was never the right appointment in the first place. As a coach, he's always been self-adoring and all too keen to pick his often flawed 'hunches'. The Marshall brothers, for example, piss me off no end. Both are not good enough technically to be playing top level cricket, especially test match cricket. James Marshall in particular is a waste of a space in the batting order. Bracewell, however, after having picked them on a hunch has to keep going back to them to prove to everyone that he wasn't wrong. Then, horror of horrors, he gives Hamish a spot opening the batting in a test match!! What an imbicile! He's not good enough for test cricket, so you let him open the batting?!?

Still, as another poster previously mentioned - that wasn't quite as poor a decision as promoting Kyle Mills to number three!! How the rest of the world must have laughed when he was out first ball!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Good one. Shows what I know.

Actually, didn't see a ball of that series; but thanks to TelstraClear, I won't be missing another ball of a test match series [that's shown on Sky]. TVs at work, tvs at home, radio in the car.... Gotta be good, eh?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting, if not completely inadequte, report.
Haha, WTF? "Completely inadequate"? So the fact that Edmunds dared to look beyond the obvious, emotion-ridden conclusion that so many have jumped to, even while mentioning the flaws that were obvious in the Bracewell make-up, is "completely inadequate"? What did you expect him to say? "Bracewell is a disgrace for not leading New Zealand unbeaten and unchallenged to World Cup glory and every single one of his faults should be magnified to detract from his achievements"???

If you're going to make sweeping criticisms like that, perhaps you'd like to rewrite his article?

R_D

International Debutant
Don't often read too many articles on cricketweb tbh but that was an excellent piece of writting.