• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey

andmark

International Captain
I don't mean to spam the forum.But this has been distracting me so much.

Anyway Mike Hussey hasn't scored much runs for a decant amount of games.And the only time when he actually gets a wicket it's a simple run out or a catch.So what's the point in him being in the Australian team?

What's your views about "Mr Cricket"?

pasag

RTDAS
Love him to bits. His immediate Test form is brilliant, 458 runs in the last series at 91.60. His ODI form is more or less untested really, that's the nature of him batting down the order, he'll only have time to play a great innings when Australia collapse and since that didn't happen in the World Cup, he didn't have a chance to shine. Still, that's the nature of coming in down the order and needing to whack from the word go, sometimes it'll pay off, sometimes it wont. Certainly nothing to worry about there.

Whether he is a great player or not will be determined in the coming season imo. With alot of Tests and ODIs coming up at the end of the year, he has the chance to prove he isn't just a one or two season wonder. Favourite player ever by a long way though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hussey was very very good through the Ashes. He was disappointed by his lofty standards in ODIs since the end of the Ashes - admittedly with only limited opportunities. His current form is pretty irrelevant given there's no more international cricket for him for six months - we'll see how he goes next year before deciding that this is the slump he had to have, and will quickly put behind him, or whether he's going to come more permanently back to the pack.

pup11

International Coach
WTF? I mean how can anyone even think of dropping Hussey from the Aussie side, just because he wasn't able to make too many runs in the WC, we are saying that he is going through a slump!!

How many chances did Hussey get in the WC, whenever he came to bat he didn't had much to do.

He is also human so just give him a break.

Fiery

Banned
WTF? I mean how can anyone even think of dropping Hussey from the Aussie side, just because he wasn't able to make too many runs in the WC, we are saying that he is going through a slump!!

How many chances did Hussey get in the WC, whenever he came to bat he didn't had much to do.

He is also human so just give him a break.
Fair enough of andmark to ask the question.

(and remember his age)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So what's the point in him being in the Australian team?
The phrase 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' might apply here. Besides, Pasag is absolutely right in saying that we didn't really get to see his form in the WC as the top order was so good that he didn't need to play a real inning, just come in at the end and smash a few balls.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't mean to spam the forum.But this has been distracting me so much.

Anyway Mike Hussey hasn't scored much runs for a decant amount of games.And the only time when he actually gets a wicket it's a simple run out or a catch.So what's the point in him being in the Australian team?

What's your views about "Mr Cricket"?
?

Athlai

Not Terrible
When was the last time Australia needed Hussey to perform...

Ah I remember!

I think the only reason why it is reasonable to consider dropping Hussey is because there is a lot of Aussie talent waiting in the wings. IMO he still needs to fail a bit more before being dropped in their ODI team, handy fielder too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
And your question is certainly NOT spam IMO
It may not be but it’s certainly not a post which deserves great response, especially when the poster seems fairly ignorant to Hussey's plight and the reasoning for why Mike has probably not scored many runs of late.

'So what's the point in him being in the Australian team?:sleep:

Fiery

Banned
It may not be but it’s certainly not a post which deserves great response, especially when the poster seems fairly ignorant to Hussey's plight and the reasoning for why Mike has probably not scored many runs of late.

'So what's the point in him being in the Australian team?:sleep:
He's 10