• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ryder playing for Ireland!?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's just playing for them as a County team. Shahid Afridi played for them last year, for example. He's still a Kiwi - :p.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope he goes well, possibly the most talented batsman in New Zealand domestic cricket. Definately one of the bright prospects for the future.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah it would be good for him to get some professional cricket under his belt, hope he hasn't gone with the intention of playing for england though. If he does he deserves some nice, short bowling.:@

Though it would be funny if Ryder became englands premeir batsman, how would certain english members of this forum cope?:laugh:

Fiery

Banned
Good to hear. Hopefully the change of environment might help him develop his game (and he can lose some weight over there)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good to hear. Hopefully the change of environment might help him develop his game (and he can lose some weight over there)
Unlike Mark Cosgrove, who tends to spend the whole Australian season losing weight before gaining it all back whilst playing in England...

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good to hear guys! :)

I first saw Ryder when he was 18 or 19 playing in the nz domestic North vs South ODI game. I think he made 40 or 50 something, but i was really impressed with his confidence (perhaps overconfidence) against some of the best NZ bowlers at that time. He hit a couple of sixes over the fast bowlers' heads if i remember correctly...

He should be a big (:laugh: ) part of NZ crickets future

Athlai

Not Terrible
Doesn't look like the best source. I could understand jumping ship to Australia... but England? :wacko:

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah i doubt he would move to england. Its not like NZ has a racial quota system or anything, just a bad cricket team :)

Flem274*

123/5
Well it wouldn't be very hard for him to get in the english ODI team would it? He's probably better than some of the junior players in tests too. I really hope he doesn't ditch, we don't need to lose any talented players...

Craig

World Traveller
Nah he isn't South African.

My Conspiracy Theory is that English passports are given out at birth over there.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If he was going to move and play for England, its more likely he would play for a county side, where he has more chance of a long term contract. Unless of course his can use the Ireland route to an English cap.