• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Speaking of bowling maidens over

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I'm just looking for a home in Auckland at the moment because my future wife lives there and has a job. It's easier for me to move than her."

Now this has just made my day.

_Ed_

Absolutely. Especially if he dons the blue and white this summer.

_Ed_

:(
Disappointing. He can probably forget a warm welcome from me then!

pup11

International Coach
So was Flem waiting to end his captaincy tenure before getting married?

Anyways you don't need to be a rocket-scientist to figure out that its not easy for a cricketer to have an smooth family-life because you aren't able to give your wife and kids the time they deserve.

A cricketer needs an understanding and co-operative wife so that she can handle the family well in his absence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So was Flem waiting to end his captaincy tenure before getting married?
Don't think so - in any case he's still Test captain. There's no real reason being a captain and marriage would be connected, though of course I could understand someone wanting to finish playing before doing so and especially before having kids - it'd be a very sensible decision in fact.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Haha, don't know if you've ever read this but it's an oft-discussed problem.
Thanks Richard for the article - some cricketers - Steve Waugh, Matt Hayden and Adam Gilchrist travel with their famillies as much as possible when on tour. Think I read somewhere that Steve Waugh said that there is no point in having a family if you never see them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And those that want WAGs banned from all tours have little concept of the truth of the situation. Some things in life are more important than cricket. If as good a player as Stephen Waugh can say such a thing, and prove by his own deeds the truth of what he's saying, it takes some galle to decry the presence of WAGs and kids.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, just read a little report about him in one of the local papers. He is a Southland lad playing for Otago, so he deserves a little support. Has a fair bit of potential apparently.

Fiery

Banned
No, just read a little report about him in one of the local papers. He is a Southland lad playing for Otago, so he deserves a little support. Has a fair bit of potential apparently.
Good on ya for supporting your local talent Perm. Hope he can improve on his averages