• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian team was ‘divided’

Fusion

Global Moderator
Chappell was no saint but I feel sorry for him, having to deal with this ****e. I'd have kept him on and given him the powers to clean house as he saw fit.
How does he emerge from the stories in such positive light for you to give him full powers? Obviously he faced obstacles and had a thankless job, but he created his fair share of the problems as well. I've said before that he may have had a brilliant mind and could've been a great teacher, but if he's a terrible "people manager", then he shouldn't be coaching international cricket IMO.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@SS - I dont feel Sorry for anyone, Chappell was rewarded(financialy) enough for not doing anything. His 'divided and rule' policies and his coaching credentials needed to be ve exposed. In the history of Indian Cricket Tendulkar will be sitting next to Gavaskar both as a batsman as well as a politician, He is no more the Mr. Clean of Indian Cricket. Ganguly has lost every bit of respect he built as a captain/player.

So, No I dont have sympathy for anyone, and all of them deserved what they got, I wish that Tendu/Ganguly were punished more severly for their acts.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
The pathetic part of all this is that it took a sting operation for all these selectors to disclose all this stuff.
It didn't really look like a sting operation tbh, more like a journalist came up to the selectors and said "Give me all the dirt on the team".

Xuhaib

International Coach
What I fail to understand how can seasoned professionals like Sachin and Dada bring their personal agendas in to equation when they are representing the country in an important event like WC.

Just imagine the accolades you would get if you win the WC, they are already worshipped in India a WC win would put them on an unmatched pedastal they would only do it if they feel they have no chance of winning the thing even they put in all their efforts.