• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Aust Split in cricket??

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Should AUst split into 2 teams for cricket, cause there are plenty of players that are capable of great test careers in the State sides that never get the chance, so should AUstralia Split

NSW + TAS vs The Rest

for an idea the NSW/TAS side would look like

Cox
M Waugh
Bevan
Clarke
Katich
S Waugh
b Haddin
B Lee
S Macgill
N Bracken
G Macgrath
ohh hell, forgot ponting, well have him at no 3 and well you might have to pick the side based on form completley outta them

and the rest would look something like

Langer
Hayden
Lehmann
Martyn
Maher
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Gillespie
Williams
Noffke

and you still ogt Love and others

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now way. That's ridiculous. They're not the best team in cricket history or anything yet people treat them like they are. The Aussies are built on confidence, not necessarily that they are more talented than the rest of cricketing nations. (personally I believe SA is allround a better team). It's the confidence that makes them champions.

masterblaster

International Captain
No way in hell, the last thing the world needs is another Australia. Australia has already inflicted enough pain on the world (SA, ENG, PAK, WI, ZIM) and another Australia would be too boring for International Cricket.

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmmm....

While I don't agree that Australia should be 'divided' into two test teams, I think that seeing a match between two Australian teams built from first class players would be darn more entertaining than this Ashes s**t.

Instead of McGrath Vs. Trescothick, Warne Vs. Stewart, and Hayden Vs. everyone, you could have...

Warne, Elliott and Hodge versus Gilchrist, Langer and Martyn...

Or Ponting, Watson and Cox Vs. Lehmann, Blewett and Gillespie.

And imagine McGrath, Lee, MacGill, Waugh, Waugh, Katich, Bevan and Clarke versus Hayden, Love, Maher, Symonds, Kasprowich, Hauritz and Noffke.

... excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by MrPerko
Hmmm....

While I don't agree that Australia should be 'divided' into two test teams, I think that seeing a match between two Australian teams built from first class players would be darn more entertaining than this Ashes s**t.

Instead of McGrath Vs. Trescothick, Warne Vs. Stewart, and Hayden Vs. everyone, you could have...

Warne, Elliott and Hodge versus Gilchrist, Langer and Martyn...

Or Ponting, Watson and Cox Vs. Lehmann, Blewett and Gillespie.

And imagine McGrath, Lee, MacGill, Waugh, Waugh, Katich, Bevan and Clarke versus Hayden, Love, Maher, Symonds, Kasprowich, Hauritz and Noffke.

... excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...
You already can, it's called the Pura Cup. Anyway if you are so keen on playing amongst yourselves then obviously you don't understand the meaning of INTERNATIONAL CRICKET :lol::lol::lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
For all the domination Australia are enjoying why would they want to split up a side that performs with such efficency ? I dont think so. It's fine the way it is now.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Thats a pretty stupid idea. It really wouldn't acomplish anything apart from taking away from the privelage of wearing the baggy green hat for Australia.

But yea, i wouldn't mind seeing an "All Star" match between the best 22 in Australian cricket for a one-off Limited Overs match at some stage each summer. But the question would beg how hard the players would go in it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remeber Australia v Australia A, that was a good idea but the Australian players didnt like it because the public always went for the A side. The Australian sporting public couldnt handle 2 sides like that. Let the A side thrash the tourists each year and leave it at that.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by broncoman
Remeber Australia v Australia A, that was a good idea but the Australian players didnt like it because the public always went for the A side. The Australian sporting public couldnt handle 2 sides like that. Let the A side thrash the tourists each year and leave it at that.
Hey.. you haven't beaten us in this tour so far (Thanks to the Kent man R.Key - 174*) and the jury is out until later this week for the OD match...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
we need some form of entertainment this summer, England suck and Sri Lanke aen't even gonna be full strength so they dont look like posing a threat

(although i heard Aus will be playing NSW on teuseday at North sydney)

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Rik

Anyway if you are so keen on playing amongst yourselves then obviously you don't understand the meaning of INTERNATIONAL CRICKET :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, except international cricket is supposed to be competitive.... looks like your English boys missed that part. :P

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by age_master
we need some form of entertainment this summer, England suck and Sri Lanke aen't even gonna be full strength so they dont look like posing a threat

(although i heard Aus will be playing NSW on teuseday at North sydney)

SL without Murali and England as the other team literally means that Aus will get a cakewalk in the VB series.From what i have seen today, the English team cannot even perform against a bunch of unknown players.I think Aussie "A" would have been a much better competitor than the other two teams for the Aussies in the VB series!

Originally posted by MrPerko
Originally posted by Rik

Anyway if you are so keen on playing amongst yourselves then obviously you don't understand the meaning of INTERNATIONAL CRICKET :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, except international cricket is supposed to be competitive.... looks like your English boys missed that part. :P
:lol::lol::lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by warrioryohannan
SL without Murali and England as the other team literally means that Aus will get a cakewalk in the VB series.From what i have seen today, the English team cannot even perform against a bunch of unknown players.I think Aussie "A" would have been a much better competitor than the other two teams for the Aussies in the VB series!

yeah the poms cant even match the PM's XI:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by wahindiawah
:D:D:D:lol::lol:
Actually...I remember now...last time India toured they couldn't even win the said match...so I don't know what your laughing about :lol:

wahindiawah

Banned
Originally posted by Rik
Actually...I remember now...last time India toured they couldn't even win the said match...so I don't know what your laughing about :lol:
I thought India won the match against NSW !!
I know, there are so many matches (which England lost) to laugh at that you can't figure it out as to which one we are laughing at!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
I thought India won the match against NSW !!
I know, there are so many matches (which England lost) to laugh at that you can't figure it out as to which one we are laughing at!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
The said match which means the Prime Minister's XI. Now remember India won only 2 matches on that tour...so to match them England haven't got much to do...