• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flower named England Assistant Coach

stewarty

Cricket Spectator
Should be good for Alistair Cook as I believe Flower has been a big influence in his development.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting. No idea how good a coach he is but he was a quality batsman and good keeper and an international captain so you would think he has stuff to contribute across a wide spectrum.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gun move. He'll be great to have around for which ever keeper gets the gig in the Tests.

Craig

World Traveller
Fair enough. Interesting to see how he will go.

Gives me an idea for a thread.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously I don't know how good a coach he is.

I'm liking that there's someone with good one-day international pedigree in there on the staff though, that's good news to me.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It'll no doubt help our players in playing spin, which can only be a good thing, as well as maybe helping the fielders.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, wouldn't it be great to have Andy Flower in the side indeed.

Somehow he strikes me as someone who'd make a good coach. Not quite sure why, he just seems to have that analytical ability and calmness. And he got on well with Duncan Fletcher.

He'll probably turn-out hopeless, now, of course...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Somehow he strikes me as someone who'd make a good coach. Not quite sure why, he just seems to have that analytical ability and calmness.
You are right. He does seem like a thinking cricketer. An intellectual type. Comes across very well in interviews. Lets see.