• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best moment.

Stapel

International Regular
About 18 months ago, I got 2 wickets in one over: one bowled, one C&B. I liked they idea of telling my captain he could simply take the rest of the team off the field :) . I should admit though, it was an out of competition game.

Last season, I ended up first in my team's catching department. Getting a boundary catch above my shoulders was the best one. It would have gone for six.

The worst was leaking 5 boundaries in one over...

DCC_legend

International Regular
New best moment:

Taking 2/26 off 11 against Camberwell GS, Melbourne.

Was only my 2nd game for my school 1st XI too.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
6/19 off 8 overs and 62* in the second XI's.

Worst moment would be getting out for 1. Never got out for a duck in my life :)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mentioning to my Zimbabwean teammate at Plymstock that I was a bit disappointed to have not taken a wicket in the first over of any of our games at that stage (about 4th game in) and then taking a wicket 2nd, 4th, and 5th balls of the first over to be 1-1-0-3 and have them at 3/0. We still lost...(it rained and got difficult :ph34r: )

ozone

First Class Debutant
Best Moment - Scoring 88* to lead team to victory against local rivals when the tail started at 4. :)

Worst Moment - Getting Stumped first ball off a wide last game of the season batting down the order. :(

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Best (with bat): Either my one and only 50 (unbeaten, might I add) or when I came in at 10 (basically 11, as one guy had broken his leg between the Saturdays) and helped Albion win a senior game against Kaikorai, as we put on 35 for the last wicket to get us over the line.

Bowling: Probably my 6/21 off 10, my 5/6 off eight, two spells of 3/0, or getting the chance to bowl to Saleem Elahi and alongside Saqlain Mushtaq at a private coaching session for two hours.

thierry henry

International Coach
Taking 5/ 5 in 3.4 overs in the under 18s in the 2001/02 season. I'd come on with the score about 40/2, and with me and the fella at the other end both taking wickets the opposition were all out for 55 within the space of about 7 overs.

It was all a bit surreal as it was a reasonable level of cricket (Auckland A-grade under 18s, basically the highest level of under-18s club cricket but without the guys who play first XI for schools who are in the 1A grade and play in the afternoon) and I've always just been a steady medium-pacer. On this particular day, on an artificial pitch, I must've been hitting a particularly nagging length because no-one could play me. The first wicket was caught at first slip, and then I found myself on a hattrick when I cleaned up the new batsman with a leg-stump yorker that I distinctly recall was supposed to be a length ball on off-stump :laugh: The next batsman was a slogger, and as I recall I bowled him with a particularly dire ball that pitched short of a length, had no pace on it, and hit middle stump about half-way up. The 4th wicket was a sharp catch by nibbs fielding at cover, I was bowling to an off-side cordon all no further than 20m from the bat as the new batsman couldn't hit it off the square. The 5th wicket was caught and bowled, I actually got one to lift a bit and the batsman could only fend it back down the pitch. For that one golden day, I seemed to be able to totally dominate the opposing batsmen.

Unspinable

Cricket Spectator
Bat: Hitting it for six off the last ball to win it by 1 run (alot of celebrating and being the grand final even more)

Bowl: Next seasons grand final bowling 8/15 and practically won the game

GO THE LEGSPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zMario

Cricket Spectator
Bat: Hitting it for six off the last ball to win it by 1 run (alot of celebrating and being the grand final even more)

Bowl: Next seasons grand final bowling 8/15 and practically won the game

GO THE LEGSPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth did you manage that? :laugh:

Unspinable

Cricket Spectator
with a lot of luck and a lot of sugar bating was a fluke it bounced on the line and bowling a hatrick and some 45 degree turns but i think that for once i earnt allrounder of the season

Josh

International Regular
Best moment: Taking a wicket with my 4th ball ever; bowled - middle stump
Worst moment: Being illegally mankad and having it allowed by the umpire, when we needed 8 runs of 12 balls to win the 5th grade premiership (batting #11).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best moment: Taking a wicket with my 4th ball ever; bowled - middle stump
Worst moment: Being illegally mankad and having it allowed by the umpire, when we needed 8 runs of 12 balls to win the 5th grade premiership (batting #11).
That Mankadding sounds dire. Don't suppose there were a couple of drinks with the opposition after the game then?

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Best
1. Getting my name on the local papers as " Young Engle, a promising cricketer, left many a senior shaking their heads in disbelief "

2. Being asked to remove 'keeping pads and bowl as the regulars were'nt doing well. Did so well, was given the last over to bowl over some embarassed regulars.

3. Hitting sixes after being baited with slow flight bowling and fielders positioned to take catches on the boundary.

4. Trying to hit out and get out in one match, but could'nt get out no matter how hard I tried.

5. Winning best bowler trophy in annual event, even tho regular position is 'keeper (all have to bowl )

holla holla

Cricket Spectator
our team was in trouble if we lost the upcoming match we would be out of the finals i come with our worst batmen a under 13 fill in was 3 off about 22 over infact he opened the batting i come out and make a quick fire 75 (32) and retire (playing 15a's) our team gets bowled out for 23 runs short, i come back in and make 27 more my first century(104) hit a six on my last ball. i raise my bat and the team comes running onto the field and won we the match to progress to the final, did i mention i took a 7wkts for 5 runs of 10 overs