• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather have?

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who would you rather have on your cricket team? The world's best batsman (Ponting)? The world's best fast bowler (Ntini, I suppose)? The world's best spinner (Murali)?

Now that McGrath has retired from cricket, this might be a hard choice.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I would have voted for you SS, but then you mentioned in another thread that you're a bit tubby :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
I won't rate Ntini as the best fast bowler as he is only good on bouncy and fast tracks but on slow and low flat tracks he is a pretty average bowler (recent example :- WC 07).

So SS even if you are bit tubby i would still vote for you mate.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The World's Best Fast Bowler..........by Far !

....... and when fit
When fit is the big issue. And point is taken regarding ODI bowling, but I don't really take that into consideration tbh. He's a very good Test bowler, who hasn't proven himself on flat tracks yet. But with the retirement of McGrath, the field is wide open anyway.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok... But isn't Lee better than Bonds?
Brett Lee: 231 Test wickets @ 31.60, 267 ODI wickets @ 22.65
Shane Bond: 74 Test wickets @ 22.10, 125 ODI wickets @ 19.22

You should probably wait for someone who isn't biased to give a fair answer, but I would say that Bond is a better bowler than Lee.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
People who voted for Ponting over Murali.. would you still have voted for Ponting if the poll had said Warne instead of Murali? If no, why? A bit curious.

pasag

RTDAS
Brett Lee: 231 Test wickets @ 31.60, 267 ODI wickets @ 22.65
Shane Bond: 74 Test wickets @ 22.10, 125 ODI wickets @ 19.22

You should probably wait for someone who isn't biased to give a fair answer, but I would say that Bond is a better bowler than Lee.
Yeah Bond is better, much better.

Isura

U19 Captain
I'll take the best bowler in the history of the game. Change Ponting to McGrath or Warne and its closer IMO.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Bond is better, much better.
Lee has incredible fitness on his side though, I may be wrong but this is the first extended injury lay-off I can remember him having. And that's pretty remarkable considering the length of time he's been in the team.

pasag

RTDAS
People who voted for Ponting over Murali.. would you still have voted for Ponting if the poll had said Warne instead of Murali? If no, why? A bit curious.
Ponting's in the form of his life and scores a ****load every time he goes out. At the moment I'd have him first on any world XI team sheet with Murali a very close second and MoYo third. That's not saying that Ponting is better than Murali, one could quite easily make an all time XI and the other most probably never will, which anwers that question pretty easily.