• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dinesh Kaarthick weds

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
India's Promising Wicketkeeper-Batsman Dinesh Kaarthick Ties The Knot

India's promising wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Kaarthick tied the nuptial knot with city-based Nikita Vanjara in low-key affair in Mumbai.

A Commerce graduate, Nikita hails from Sothern Indian city of Manor and her father Deepak and Kaarthick's father Krishna Kumar are friends.

The wedding ceremony which took place in the morning in the presence of only close relatives and friends at a suburban hotel, sources said.

None of the Indian cricket team members could attend the marriage ceremony as they are currently taking part in the conditioning camp being held at Kolkata for the upcoming tour of Bangladesh.

The 21-year-old Chennai-based cricketer is also a part of the Bangladesh-bound Indian team and would join the camp on its concluding day on Sunday.

Kaarthick, who did not play a single match in the World Cup in Caribbean, has been included in the both the Test and one-day squads for the tour of Bangladesh, starting on May 10

Too young a age for an Indian to marry, though not always true for cricketers.

Honestly, this should improve the chances of his candidature for Indian captaincy by a big margin. :cool:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I fail to see how his marital status would affect his potential as the next Indian captain, especially considdering he isn't a regular in either team yet.

Anyway, good luck to Mr and Mrs Karthick on their wedding, I hope it is a long and prosperous union.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Good Luck to him, but I am amused it has deserved a thread....not sure if its got any relevance to Cricket itself..:)

pup11

International Coach
Look i don't want to sound rude but seriously this doesn't deserve a thread!

Anyways congrats to Karthik or is it Karthick, whatever (****ing superstion)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, best of luck to the both of them of course, but maybe I should start a thread every single time a fringe-player for any side gets married... :unsure:

Perm

Honestly, this should improve the chances of his candidature for Indian captaincy by a big margin. :cool:
Can anybody explain this comment? Is it a requirement to be married before you receive the captaincy or something?

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Well considering Dhoni is the incumbent in both Tests and ODI's, I find it hard to beleive that Karthik is anything other than a fringe player.
I dont think it is given Dhoni would be the test wicket keeper. Karthick score more than 100 runs in his last test and i feel he is ahead in the race for the test slot.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Can anybody explain this comment? Is it a requirement to be married before you receive the captaincy or something?
I agree it is bit far fetched, but there are socieites, where it is believed that a married man would be more responsible. That was where it came from...

Perm

I dont think it is given Dhoni would be the test wicket keeper. Karthick score more than 100 runs in his last test and i feel he is ahead in the race for the test slot.
Dhoni is the incumbent, that is fact. Whether he deserves to be the starting wicket keeper in the Tests against Bangladesh, well that is something completely different. At the moment Karthik is a fringe player though.

pup11

International Coach
If i am not wrong isn't Kaarthick going open in the test matches in Bangladesh, since Sehwag isn't in the test squad.

Have Indians selected Gambhir in the test squad?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I agree it is bit far fetched, but there are socieites, where it is believed that a married man would be more responsible. That was where it came from...
that is sooooo pathetic....i don't want to bring myself to believe that even the bcci would be so ridiculously stupid and base its decisions on such things....:)