• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

poll

how would you rate irelands world cup preformance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I went for brilliant, nobody expected them to do as well as they did.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I went for brilliant as well - they didn't play a single associate team, and yet won two games outright and tied with Zimbabwe. They were also brilliant in terms of the life and passion they brought to the cup, and that applies to both players and supporters.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain

yeah i really hope they can do better now and be able to compete with the liks of australia. well no one really could in the world cup. lol

Flem274*

123/5
yeah i really hope they can do better now and be able to compete with the liks of australia. well no one really could in the world cup. lol
You guys really need to make sure England don't run off with your talent. Ed Joyce is a good example.

headhunter

yeah they brought so much life to the tournment with the dancing and everything.lol :happy:

headhunter

You guys really need to make sure England don't run off with your talent. Ed Joyce is a good example.
yes but noone expected to do anything with ireland before so now hopefully most of our players will stay.we could do with ed though because our batting is really weak

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah they went alright for a team in their first WC. FYI though, headhunter, you don't have to worry about putting a title for all your posts. And welcome to the forums, certainly the first Irish member that I know of (along with your mate) on CW :)

Flem274*

123/5
yes but noone expected to do anything with ireland before so now hopefully most of our players will stay.we could do with ed though because our batting is really weak
The openers are an issue but how old are the O'Brien's? If you can get a good ten years out of them you'll have a bit of stability.

England can offer alot of money. Loyalty is only one factor. Ireland needs to offer other incentives to thier players I feel.

headhunter

Yeah they went alright for a team in their first WC. FYI though, headhunter, you don't have to worry about putting a title for all your posts. And welcome to the forums, certainly the first Irish member that I know of (along with your mate) on CW :)
cheers in crickit mad now lol :happy:

headhunter

The openers are an issue but how old are the O'Brien's? If you can get a good ten years out of them you'll have a bit of stability.

England can offer alot of money. Loyalty is only one factor. Ireland needs to offer other incentives to thier players I feel.
yeah but the spirit seems so good hopefully tay wont leave. maybe our gourvernment can provide some funding for the game now.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I think Niall O'Brien officially qualifies for England next year, so won't be eligible to play for Ireland again after that. Kevin isn't so high profile though, so he might well be around for a while. I think they're both early-mid twenties, not sure which is the older one, so they've got the majority of their careers ahead of them.

headhunter

I think Niall O'Brien officially qualifies for England next year, so won't be eligible to play for Ireland again after that. Kevin isn't so high profile though, so he might well be around for a while. I think they're both early-mid twenties, not sure which is the older one, so they've got the majority of their careers ahead of them.
just cause hes eligable does it means he has to go? niall(25) is the oldest and kevin is 23.