• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri-City Cricket Club, Schenectady NY

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Well,
I see now it's been almost two years since I've posted anything out here.. but with the 2007 season now in full swing, I'm feeling like posting a note to myself (since not a single person on my club has ever even gone out here... except me, I think.... at least, none have ever posted).

But I still like to put something out here anyway. This will be my 7th season playing, and I'm excited to also announce that after 4 long years, I've managed to get a high school team started at my local high school here in upstate NY!

Yes, for the first time in history, Schenectady High School Cricket Club will take on Albany High School Cricket Club on May 9th, 2007. It's been a long time coming, but I'm hoping this match will help spark an interest in other area schools in getting their own teams together. I've already had two inquiries from two other area high schools, so if we can get some buzz going, we may actually be able to start some sort of league..... but I'm getting ahead of myself. It's taken 4 years just to get to this point, so I better not rush it.

I hope the match goes well, and the weather holds. Can't wait!

Cricket in America IS alive and well, even if those in charge of it's growth and promotion have their heads up their collective behinds....

Steve Weisse
President - Tri-City Cricket Club
Schenectady, NY
http://tricitycricket.com

and coach of the Schenectady High School Cricket Club...

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Cricket still going strong in upstate New York USA

Well, it's been almost a full year since I last posted out here... This is the sort of thing one does when it's too cold outside to play cricket.... at least it's the sort of thing I do... No one else seems interested in discussing Tri-City Cricket out here it seems, but I'll keep being johnny one note and post something, if for no other reason than to prove we're still here..

Tri-City CC in Schenectady NY continues to thrive, as we seem to manage to get a good influx of new players every year. We are also in our second year of having a high school cricket club, and hope to bring along some of the younger talent to add to our ranks. Right now, we have 15-20 kids the practice indoors once a week, and were officially sanctioned as a school club last year. Next step: varsity status if we can get it.

Hope all is going well in the rest of the cricketing world... Maybe I'll actually try posting more than once a year this season....

Steve Weisse
President - Tri-City Cricket Club
Schenectady NY