• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs England: 3 Tests and 7 one dayers

Isura

U19 Captain
Not practical and not advisable.

There are some cases where 3-Test-series are enough. 2, no, 3, yes.

Of course, there is the occasional series that merits 5 games - India-Pakistan, for instance.
I agree. 2 is too little for the legitimate test sides. But even 2 tests against Zimbabwe is painful for everyone.

What I would like to see is the series length adjusted based on current world rankings. Like WI and Eng play just 3 this year because WI is in the dumps. Similarly, SL should start playing some 4 match series.

Isura

U19 Captain
More FC games on tour. I'd love to see India warm up with 2-3 games against the various FC teams before tests. For example, warm up against WA before playing a test at Perth, etc.

Obviously this is just a pipedream, but in a perfect world.....
Ahh, the old days when a tour really meant a tour of the country (ie playing the first class sides).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
They would definitely not. An Indian ODI fetches somewhere around $2million USD for the host board (an Indian test fetches about half that), whereas most other international fixtures between any teams not involving India fetch something like $100,000-$300,000. The only exception to this is The Ashes.

At least this was what I read in a financial magazine last year.
Plus how many test matches do you need to play to replace SEVEN ODI'S !!