• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To Australian fans...

To Australian fans, which was the more satisfying victory?

• Total voters

Nishant

International 12th Man
Australian fans consider test cricket more important than one day cricket, basically.

As a New Zealander, you wouldn't understand because you don't play tests anymore. :p
so instead of england...if u had india or pakistan in a test series (ull have one this december)...would it be a bigger triumph to beat them than winning the world cup?

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
I voted for the World Cup because in the WC, at least, you don't know who'll come 2nd

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mmm, I suppose. Had Australia not had to regain the Ashes would the results of this poll been completely different?
Not so sure about that, because even if Australia had snuck a win in 05, England would still have come here ranked 2 in the world and with hope in their hearts of ending the era of Ashes dominance.
At this stage, the emphasis here is really still on tests rather than ODIs, despite our having won the past 3 world cups. I think people also factor in that, in a 50 overs game, it's possible for one side to be flat and not perform, thereby losing to a lesser side, or have that lesser side just have a day out and beat you. But with tests, this is less likely (not impossible mind), so the stronger side over a series will generally win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF we declared on 550 in the first innings of the 2nd test, it all went totally breasts-skyward after that, but I reckon there's an argument to be made that you were in danger of losing.

Thread making me feel queasy tbh; like listening to a multi-millionaire try to decide if his 2nd or 3rd million was the most satisfying. :sick: :p
True, but you took too long to get them, which meant once we got 500, only one side could win. Reckon Gilly's role in that test is vastly under-rated - iirc he got 60-odd but scored them at a rate far above what anyone else on either side scored in their 1st innings, which gave Australia a lot more time on day 5 - what an epic day that was - not rubbing salt in here, it just showed what a great game test cricekt is - somnambulent for 4 days, electric for one and a result achieved against the odds - an amazing day which illustrated how much the game is played betwen the ears of the players.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Haha, you Aussies, arguing over which victory was better.

That's like asking George Best whether he preferred sleeping with Miss World or Miss Universe.

Quit rubbing it in on the rest of us, FFS. :p

pasag

RTDAS
True, but you took too long to get them, which meant once we got 500, only one side could win. Reckon Gilly's role in that test is vastly under-rated - iirc he got 60-odd but scored them at a rate far above what anyone else on either side scored in their 1st innings, which gave Australia a lot more time on day 5 - what an epic day that was - not rubbing salt in here, it just showed what a great game test cricekt is - somnambulent for 4 days, electric for one and a result achieved against the odds - an amazing day which illustrated how much the game is played betwen the ears of the players.
Yeah, one of the best days of my life tbh. Just watched the highlights again the other day, was brilliant to say the least.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Well I think I should start a new thread but lets see for now, I'll start it later but for now:

To the Aussies and the pomies what's more imporant to you the ashes or the world cup(not what was more statisfying because that's different).

So aussies whats more important? world beaters or pom pom thrashers?
and vice versa for the englis fans...

pasag

RTDAS
Well I think I should start a new thread but lets see for now, I'll start it later but for now:

To the Aussies and the pomies what's more imporant to you the ashes or the world cup(not what was more statisfying because that's different).

Well this is quite similar.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Ashes still.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hmmm, out of the 5 votes for the "World Cup", only one is an Australian fan really. No offence to Dasa, but I've always thought he was an Indian/Bangladesh supporter. Even though he lives in Australia.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, never knew Arunava had connections to Bangladesh...

And Jack - did you not read my post above? :p (Predictable response in the offing, I know...)