• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 22-29 April

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Mister Wright - 14000
PY - 9000
Voltman - 7000
Sanz - 7000
dontcloseyoureyes - 7000
Perm - 6000
Jason - 6000
Piper - 5000
TT Boy - 4000
pup11 - 2000
simmy - 2000
zinzan12 - 2000
pinchy81 - 2000

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, and Sobers)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Position vacant (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

Thanks to Pasag for the help with the milestones this week:)

People, unless we receive some help the awards will have to stop!

Marc is struggling with time, I am in the middle of moving house, so if YOU want these awards to continue please put up your hand.

I don’t think it fair to ask Richard and adharcric to judge even more awards, so we would appreciate some help

All other awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Prince EWS for this click here some very good points

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is gunner for this click here , enjoying some of the quality posts in this thread:happy:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Mister Wright click here love him or hate him(not Mr W), still made us laugh:laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: tooextracool he is back! :cool:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Perm for this click here two in a row not sure if that is a good thing

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Prince EWS two awads this week well done

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Nufan going quite well

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no winners this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week (following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves: And the Winner is: el grapadura for this click here did anyone else agree with this rant, I hope not8-)

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: Turbinator for this click here quite a lot in this vain but this one was very emphatic :-O

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to emphasise - the :cool: smiley after the Sir Garfield was NOT my suggestion! :) Though I do think tec was a worthy winner and that the boards are better with than without him.

On another note, I'm more than happy to help-out in any way I can. I can even post this thread if you like, Sean, I've got a good idea of the template by now. :) I can also pick-up the slack on any unavailable Panel members, and I presume Akhil can too.

archie mac

International Coach
I'd like to emphasise - the :cool: smiley after the Sir Garfield was NOT my suggestion! :) Though I do think tec was a worthy winner and that the boards are better with than without him.

On another note, I'm more than happy to help-out in any way I can. I can even post this thread if you like, Sean, I've got a good idea of the template by now. :) I can also pick-up the slack on any unavailable Panel members, and I presume Akhil can too.
Thanks mate, I will discuss with Marc and let you know how you can best give us more help, to make the awards better:)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, won an award for that, wasn't expecting it at all tbh. Thanks though, and congrats to all other winners :cool: .

pasag

RTDAS
Congrats to all. Thought Prince was closing in on the Bradman this week tbh.

Anyways, I don't mind helping out with the awards unless anyone objects.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted to pick up the Greigy, but it was a fine knock from Jayawardene. Congratulations to all the other winners, well deserved.

pup11

International Coach
Superb stuff from all winners!! Princey has been in surerb form for some time and deserves all the accolades he is getting.