• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thrash India

Originally posted by Rik
If you look at recent results I think you'll find they don't have that bad a record. I think you'll have to do better than that.

Lets have a look on the results of last ten onedayer played by England against each side.

Against Aus W:2 L:8 W% :20
India W:4 L:5 W%:44
NZ W:4 L:5 W% 45
Pakistan W:3 L:7 W%30
SA W:2 L:8 W% 20
SL W:4 L:6 W% 40
WI W:4 L:5 W%44
Zimb W:9 L:1 W%90

You were right, they don't have that bad a record, especially their record against Mighty Zimb is incredible, its giving me a slight inferiority complex :P:P.

NOTE: This record is only going to improve after England is going to register victories after victories against Aus in the comming VB series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We're talking Test Cricket here, the proper stuff. That is the only true judge of how good a team is.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
England Blind vs Australia Blind...1 run scored and it tips down...in India too :O

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2

You were right, they don't have that bad a record, especially their record against Mighty Zimb is incredible, its giving me a slight inferiority complex :P:P.

NOTE: This record is only going to improve after England is going to register victories after victories against Aus in the comming VB series.
Would you care to give us info on India's last 10 ODIs against each country, and how far back some of these results go?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Rik
England Blind vs Australia Blind...1 run scored and it tips down...in India too :O
I guess they couldn't see if it was raining or not?
Ok, Ok Marc that's 2 now...enough :lol:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2

Would you care to give us info on India's last 10 ODIs against each country, and how far back some of these results go?
Australia 3 wins 7 losses W 30%
England 5 wins 4 losses W 56%
Kenya 8 wins 2 losses W 80%
New Zealand 4 wins 6 losses W 40%
Pakistan 4 wins 6 losses W 40%
South Africa 4 wins 6 losses W 40%
Sri Lanka 5 wins 3 losses W 62%
West Indies 5 wins 5 losses W 50%
Zimbabwe 8 wins 2 losses W 80%

I haven't checked on how far back these results go, but the list shows that in the last 10 matches against the other international teams, India has a superior record against England, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, equal against West Indies and inferior records against Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan and South Africa. Also, against NZ, Pak and SA, it isa 4:6 ratio. Only against Australia do they have a really bad record. Stacks up to be better than England's record by far, but doesn't compare favourably with top teams.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well in that case India should be fine as long as in the World Cup they don't have to play...oh wait, they will... :(:D

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Well in that case India should be fine as long as in the World Cup they don't have to play...oh wait, they will... :(:D
Yeah sure, they will struggle against the top teams if one goes by these stats, but imagine what will happen to England if the same rule applies!!!;)

You know, it's that same principle you guys come up with every now and then, glass houses, stones....that sort of thing.:P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I believe TM2 started it here, and those stats show India to be better than England but marginally below the top group, as we've said all along.

But we havn't lost to Kenya ;)

Anyway, Blind World Cup here...

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
I believe TM2 started it here, and those stats show India to be better than England but marginally below the top group, as we've said all along.

But we havn't lost to Kenya ;)

Anyway, Blind World Cup here...
The point was that England has a poor record and as such is a weak team, Rik insisted on proving some proof and i came up with the stats!
England may not have lost to Kenya, but seems to be losing to most other countries!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The point was that England has a poor record and as such is a weak team, Rik insisted on proving some proof and i came up with the stats!
England may not have lost to Kenya, but seems to be losing to most other countries!!
Not in proper Cricket, which is the only basis for judging how good a team is. You yourself started talking about the Ashes, which is a Test series!

Interesting, i thought the Blind WC was a onedayer tournament!!
And that's what we were discussing till you took the opportunity to have a dig.
And look at what you have been saying before this post,

"
We're talking Test Cricket here, the proper stuff. That is the only true judge of how good a team is. "

Seems like you can't figure out what you are talking about!

Not in proper Cricket, which is the only basis for judging how good a team is. You yourself started talking about the Ashes, which is a Test series!
Utter nonsense! Oneday and Test matches are different format of the game, one cannot judge a onedayer English or any other team on the basis oftheir performance in Test matches!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I never said that, I said that the ONLY basis for really telling how good a side is is Test Cricket.

I never said that, I said that the ONLY basis for really telling how good a side is is Test Cricket.
For the last time, we are talking about oneday cricket.A format in which each side has to play 50 overs ! I provided the stats of Onedayers not of test matches and they clearly demonstrate my point!