• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie Tribute Thread - Most Successful Season Ever?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
? (Honestly confused)
Wouldn't expect anyone to get it really. I would, however, appreciate if you could stop yourself from posting "MORE" too often (especially in capital letters like that, and especially after the words "I want.). You don't have to of course, and I'm sure it's going to no sense at all to you - but if you want to keep me out of hospital, it's advisable. :p

Really, it's probably another case of me posting something I shouldn't have, so just forget it. :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Dude, sometimes you are the most random guy on this site... :)

I want MORE so badly! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :p )

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Wouldn't expect anyone to get it really. I would, however, appreciate if you could stop yourself from posting "MORE" too often (especially in capital letters like that, and especially after the words "I want.). You don't have to of course, and I'm sure it's going to no sense at all to you - but if you want to keep me out of hospital, it's advisable. :p

Really, it's probably another case of me posting something I shouldn't have, so just forget it. :p
Oh really:dry:

pasag

RTDAS

..... :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=1149393&postcount=39

Do I win a prize?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just thinking today that this Summer from Australia surely must be the best ever for a single team.

To win the Ashes 5-0 and take the Test team to within 5 matches of the record streak, and to win the two biggest ODI tournaments in the World, all in the space of seven months is quite freakish.

They were ruthless and nobody got near them.

Whatever you think of them, they are absolute winners. And, in the end, that's their job.

Well done boys!

I feel privileged to have seen it.
Only way's down from here. :)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Yea, excellent season. Hopefully with the loss of McGrath, more tests over the next two years will be closer. They obviously won't lose or draw any series at home, but hopefully some series will be real contests when they tour outside (though I don't really have much hope of that).

.....they could only draw 1-1 with India in 2003/2004 at home without Mcgrath and Warne
and lost to England in 2005 with an undercooked McGrath.

The most successful sides are the ones who've had great bowling attacks.
Australia have now lost McGarth, Warne, Gillespie as well as Kasper and Fleming (bowlers who were all very promininent in their rise to the top). Add to that MCgill isn't getting any younger.
It's hard to imagine that they won't have some issues taking twenty wickets (particularly away from home).
I personally think the next few series will tell us how good Ponting really is as a captain.....he won't have great bowlers to call on any more if any opposition side starts to build a big partnership. We'll see how he reacts....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was honestly thinking of starting a thread like this.

I am sure that the competition to Australia is very very thin and that, overall, the quality of the teams today isn't as good as it used to be and most teams, rather alarmingly, seem to be regressing instead of progressing.

But given all that, and given that the Aussies tend to get the better half of umpiring decisions most of the time and given a lot of other factors, it is still amazing to see the Aussies play such a high standard of cricket for such a long time inspite of being challenged so little.

I honestly think that we just don't appreciate this Australian side, their quality of cricket and just how good they are as much as we ought to. I don't think we will ever see this kind of domination ever again. AT least, I hope so, because it is never good for world cricket. But this is just one of the most amazing teams to ever play any sport. Just to see them do it day in and day out and maintain their standards in front of what must be, for them, frustratingly poor opponents is stunning to say the least.

I think we will never really understand how good these guys are and what a good job they are doing until they finally fall down a few notches and get back in the lower league, so to speak.

I join all other guys who have posted here in saluting a truly sensation team. Well done, guys. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course we're going to see this sort of domination again - cricket goes in cycles, as I say.