• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should be dropped in the Australia side?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I'm tired of all this domination. It's depressing and I don't think I like cricket as much now this way. So which players should be drop from the aussie team to give the other teams a chance. I would drop- Gilchrist, Ponting, Symonds, Tait, Watson, and basically all the rest of the players. Who would you drop?

Disclaimer: No offense intended. Just a light weight thread to go along with the english and windes and saffies ones but on a different matter.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Well they've lost McGrath and Warne in addition to Gillespie and Kaper from 2005.

So basically their attack for next summer looks like: Clark, Johnson, Tait, Lee, MCgill, HilfenHaus, Hogg, Bracken.

Decent attack but not a patch on Mcgrath, Gillespie, Fleming, Kasper and Warne which they could summon at their peak.
I expect teams will be able to score more runs off Australia....however Australia's batting is still formidable.

I do think Australia will still rule the roost but I'm quitely confident we will see other teams be more competitive from next summer.
In particular, I think Engalnd if they can get back the foursome of Harmion, Hoggster, SP Jones and Flintoff, are a great chance of beating the Aussies in 2009.

pasag

RTDAS
Meh, people keep on saying that but they were saying similar things about this World Cup etc and alot of other countries are losing their ageing stars as well, it's all quite proportional imo and the loss of Lara, Jayasuriya, Murali eventually and heaps other that'll be going in the next year or so it really won't matter much. Plus Clark (has quite a few left), Tait, Watson, Hilfenhaus etc are all lurking. Things are looking quite bright on that front.

Wrt to Australia making things boring, I'd blame the direness and incompetencies of other sides before I blame Australia for making cricket boring.

simmy

International Regular
Well they've lost McGrath and Warne in addition to Gillespie and Kaper from 2005.

So basically their attack for next summer looks like: Clark, Johnson, Tait, Lee, MCgill, HilfenHaus, Hogg, Bracken.

Decent attack but not a patch on Mcgrath, Gillespie, Fleming, Kasper and Warne which they could summon at their peak.
I expect teams will be able to score more runs off Australia....however Australia's batting is still formidable.

I do think Australia will still rule the roost but I'm quitely confident we will see other teams be more competitive from next summer.
In particular, I think Engalnd if they can get back the foursome of Harmion, Hoggster, SP Jones and Flintoff, are a great chance of beating the Aussies in 2009.
I agree with everything said here.

pup11

International Coach
All this talk that the Aussie domination has made cricket boring is utter crap, IMO all the other teams are just pinning their hopes on an Aussie decline, rather than trying to reach the same level the Aussies are on.

If anything i think the gap between the rest of the sides and the Aussies (atm) have just widened a bit more when compared to 03, and this is when a lot of people felt that this was gonna be the most open WC ever!!

The_Bunny

State Regular
Tbh I find somthing comically beautiful in their systematic destruction of opponents....8-)
Watch cricket between other countries for close contests:happy:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I'm tired of all this domination. It's depressing and I don't think I like cricket as much now this way. So which players should be drop from the aussie team to give the other teams a chance. I would drop- Gilchrist, Ponting, Symonds, Tait, Watson, and basically all the rest of the players. Who would you drop?

Disclaimer: No offense intended. Just a light weight thread to go along with the english and windes and saffies ones but on a different matter.
Yes. Totally endorse this line. Australia should be ashamed of themselves for not embracing mediocrity as the rest of the world has done.

Better still. Lets ban all the current test sides from participating in the world cup.

Imagine a Super-Eight stage with Oman, Uganda, Canada, USA, Denmark, Papua New Guinea, Namibia and UAE.

After all it is close contests that provide entertainment and not high quality performances.
:sleep:

sideshowtim

Banned
Really? I dont think many did. In fact this WC was always going to be very one sided.
Uh, no way. Remember Australia came into the WC after 5 consecutive ODI losses. People said it would be the closest with plenty of teams in the running to win it. Australia lifted above the rest of the world comfortably though.