• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn: Sunil Gavaskar

Scmods

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
INDIA great Sunil Gavaskar has launched an astonishing attack on Ricky Ponting and his teammates ahead of the World Cup, saying they were never popular winners.

Gavaskar, who was this week re-appointed head of the International Cricket Council's cricket committee, said Australia's recent setbacks on the field should gladden the hearts of rivals and fans alike.
Ouch. That must hurt. Making really big, strong, tough man comments before the World Cup only to have them come back and show you up as the pathetic, idiotic, bitter, racist tool you are.**** off until you become sensible, or even senile as it'd make you make more sensible comments than the ones you made before the WC. I hope it hurts Sunil, you deserve it.

Scmods

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Even though I agree he's being a tool, how is he a racist?
He's had something against us for years and years, simply because we're Australians. Although if I went over the top I apologise, when idiots like that make blatantly stupid comments that come back to show them up as fools it's hard to control the abuse.

adharcric

International Coach
That's better. Otherwise, judging from your posts, I'd suspect you are far more racist than Mr. Gavaskar.

howardj

International Coach
Ouch. That must hurt. Making really big, strong, tough man comments before the World Cup only to have them come back and show you up as the pathetic, idiotic, bitter, racist tool you are.**** off until you become sensible, or even senile as it'd make you make more sensible comments than the ones you made before the WC. I hope it hurts Sunil, you deserve it.
Pipe down champ.

Gavaskar was not saying Australia weren't a good side.

His comments were with respect to their behaviour.

That they won the World Cup, doesn't of itself mean that Gavaskar should pull his head in.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bigoted is a broad term, and xenophobia is one of the things it can incorporate.

:clap: to Gelman, Smith and howardj - good to just be reminded in threads like this that not all Australians are ungracious victors. 8-)

archie mac

International Coach
I always thought us Aussies were good winners (and bad losers), Gavaskar was entitled to his opinion although I don't agree with all of it.

So, well done to Sri Lanka, the one side I thought could beat the Aussies if their mecurial players had a day out