• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Twenty20 Championship Squad ???

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
this would be my squad for england for the twenty world championship(the squad only, no starting xi's)

pietersen - no explanation needed
benning - hitter at top of order for surrey, could be destructive for england aswell
loye - wasnt given fair chance for england, another hitter to think about top of the order
maddy - the twenty20 expert
trescothick - need some experieced players at international level in squad, aggresive
collingwood - can be a hitter, or if england are in trouble he can dig them out of hole, handy medium pace
blackwell - big hitter who can bowl handy left arm spin
flintoff(cpt) - best bowler(espically death overs), another hitter. better captaincy choice than anyone else
prior(wkt) - maybe most aggresive keeper in england
broad - twenty20 expert in 06, took wickets and only went at under 5 an over
lewis - not given fair chance for england so far, good line and length bowler
keedy - spinners play vital role in twenty20, does well for lancs every year
3 other pace bowlers or maybe 2 pace bowlers and another spinner - i cant really think right now

probably too many openers but they are all players who deserve to be there

cover drive man

International Captain
this would be my squad for england for the twenty world championship(the squad only, no starting xi's)

benning - hitter at top of order for surrey, could be destructive for england aswell
loye - wasnt given fair chance for england, another hitter to think about top of the order
trescothick - need some experieced players at international level in squad, aggresive
collingwood - can be a hitter, or if england are in trouble he can dig them out of hole, handy medium pace
flintoff(cpt) - best bowler(espically death overs), another hitter. better captaincy choice than anyone else
3 other pace bowlers or maybe 2 pace bowlers and another spinner - i cant really think right now

Minus Flintoff and Piertiersen. Twenty Twenty is entertaining but not a great game give some other players a chance.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The squad will be exactly the same as whatever the one-day squad is by that time. England don't adapt to anything, remember?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Minus Flintoff and Piertiersen. Twenty Twenty is entertaining but not a great game give some other players a chance.

Can't see any international team not playing their best possible team without a good reason. A championship is a championship, everyone will want to win it.

cpr

International Coach
Well said. Also i'd like to see Chapple given another shot at internationals (not just 5 overs against Ireland), he's been a constant player in the 6's team, a solid bowler capable of scoring well

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man

Can't really argue with that at all. Although I'd have either Nixon or Read as the keeper.

The problem is that I can't see the team changing that much from the ODI team , unless Moores wants that sort of line up for the ODI side. What about Trescothick , if hes fit?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I bet you Plunkett and or Mahmood will be in the squad.

I would watch the matches for sure, but don't really care who's playing in 20 20 cricket. Just personally in the Australian team I hope that none of the players in the World Cup Final tonight, play in the 20 20 championships..