Thread: England Twenty20 Championship Squad ???

School Boy/Girl Captain grant28's Avatar

England Twenty20 Championship Squad ???

this would be my squad for england for the twenty world championship(the squad only, no starting xi's)

pietersen - no explanation needed
    benning - hitter at top of order for surrey, could be destructive for england aswell
    loye - wasnt given fair chance for england, another hitter to think about top of the order
    maddy - the twenty20 expert
    trescothick - need some experieced players at international level in squad, aggresive
    collingwood - can be a hitter, or if england are in trouble he can dig them out of hole, handy medium pace
    blackwell - big hitter who can bowl handy left arm spin
    flintoff(cpt) - best bowler(espically death overs), another hitter. better captaincy choice than anyone else
    prior(wkt) - maybe most aggresive keeper in england
    broad - twenty20 expert in 06, took wickets and only went at under 5 an over
    lewis - not given fair chance for england so far, good line and length bowler
    keedy - spinners play vital role in twenty20, does well for lancs every year
    3 other pace bowlers or maybe 2 pace bowlers and another spinner - i cant really think right now

probably too many openers but they are all players who deserve to be there
    Favourite XI: Trescothick, Cook, Sangakkara, Lara, Dravid, Pietersen, Gilchrist+, Flintoff, Pollock, Warne*, Ntini.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grant28 View Post
    this would be my squad for england for the twenty world championship(the squad only, no starting xi's)

benning - hitter at top of order for surrey, could be destructive for england aswell
    loye - wasnt given fair chance for england, another hitter to think about top of the order
    trescothick - need some experieced players at international level in squad, aggresive
    collingwood - can be a hitter, or if england are in trouble he can dig them out of hole, handy medium pace
    flintoff(cpt) - best bowler(espically death overs), another hitter. better captaincy choice than anyone else
    3 other pace bowlers or maybe 2 pace bowlers and another spinner - i cant really think right now

Minus Flintoff and Piertiersen. Twenty Twenty is entertaining but not a great game give some other players a chance.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    The squad will be exactly the same as whatever the one-day squad is by that time. England don't adapt to anything, remember?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Minus Flintoff and Piertiersen. Twenty Twenty is entertaining but not a great game give some other players a chance.

Can't see any international team not playing their best possible team without a good reason. A championship is a championship, everyone will want to win it.

cpr
    Well said. Also i'd like to see Chapple given another shot at internationals (not just 5 overs against Ireland), he's been a constant player in the 6's team, a solid bowler capable of scoring well
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by grant28 View Post

Can't really argue with that at all. Although I'd have either Nixon or Read as the keeper.

The problem is that I can't see the team changing that much from the ODI team , unless Moores wants that sort of line up for the ODI side. What about Trescothick , if hes fit?

I bet you Plunkett and or Mahmood will be in the squad.

I would watch the matches for sure, but don't really care who's playing in 20 20 cricket. Just personally in the Australian team I hope that none of the players in the World Cup Final tonight, play in the 20 20 championships..

Thread Information