• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should be dropped in the English side?

Who should be dropped?

• Michael Vaughan

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Andy Strauss

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sajid Mahmood

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • James Anderson

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Paul Nixon

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Presuming this is about the one day team... why is Anderson on the poll? He's basically England's third best player at the moment.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sick of all the threads about England at the moment TBH. You didn't see the Pakistani or Indian guys making heaps of threads about basically the same issue when their teams were knocked out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sick of all the threads about England at the moment TBH. You didn't see the Pakistani or Indian guys making heaps of threads about basically the same issue when their teams were knocked out.
Most of them aren't coming from English posteres though.

And yes, I did get it, and no, Perm-love in the awards will not extend to this getting the Skull.

Perm

And yes, I did get it, and no, Perm-love in the awards will not extend to this getting the Skull.
I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm dead serious. The amount of threads about the English ODI side and England's need for change are ridiculous, at least that's how I feel. The fact that the threads are being made by people that aren't English is pretty irrelevant.

pasag

RTDAS
I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm dead serious. The amount of threads about the English ODI side and England's need for change are ridiculous, at least that's how I feel. The fact that the threads are being made by people that aren't English is pretty irrelevant.
Saying "You didn't see the Pakistani or Indian guys making heaps of threads" implies that it is problem with the English members on the forum and to that, I think, Marc was pointing out that alot of them aren't even English.

Perm

Saying "You didn't see the Pakistani or Indian guys making heaps of threads" implies that it is problem with the English members on the forum and to that, I think, Marc was pointing out that alot of them aren't even English.
I see now, I wasn't implying some sort of racial discrimination. Just saying that I didn't see a large amount of threads on India and Pakistan, who were far more disappointing, as opposed to England. Probably didn't put it across very well in my original post.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, I actually read Perm as being sarcastic about the reactions of Pakistani and Indian fans to their countries performances (although not the regular forum members if that makes sense - anyone remember the terrace element?)

pasag

RTDAS
Oh, well there haven't been a large amount of Indian or Pakistani threads in my days here. Not more than most other sides anyways.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Vaughan - but I've mentioned that before, Mahmood - teach him how to bowl first- and Nixon (but if only he was six years younger) and I nearly voted for Strauss as well.It might have been easier to do a poll on who should stay but as some people say there are too many england threads i won't bother...

jammay123

State 12th Man

cos the india and pakistan fans were to busy creating effegys and burning them. the english way is a bit less crazy(and better for the enviroment):laugh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was thinking there should have been an option All of the above. Then I found there was !

I ticked Vaughan, Strauss, Sajid. Anderson, Nixon and (all) others and it worked. Well done technology.

FBU

International Debutant
I was thinking there should have been an option All of the above. Then I found there was !

I ticked Vaughan, Strauss, Sajid. Anderson, Nixon and (all) others and it worked. Well done technology.
Anderson? :ranting:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

I see now, I wasn't implying some sort of racial discrimination. Just saying that I didn't see a large amount of threads on India and Pakistan, who were far more disappointing, as opposed to England. Probably didn't put it across very well in my original post.
No, I actually read Perm as being sarcastic about the reactions of Pakistani and Indian fans to their countries performances (although not the regular forum members if that makes sense - anyone remember the terrace element?)
Oh, well there haven't been a large amount of Indian or Pakistani threads in my days here. Not more than most other sides anyways.
TBH there could be less threads. Mind, if a non-English poster starts a thread about England-related stuff, English posters are going to reply, kinda inevitable.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
It should be Strauss, He is the poorest cricketer i had ever seen holding on to the place not doing justice to the selector's faith.

He did not have a single 50 in the 10 innings of the Ashes. Lesser said about his ODI performances the better would be.

He is the most hyped cricketer ever to have played cricket.

And Bell, what is he doing in the squad. Never plays a big knock. he is just a pretender. It is a pity that Mal Loye has to sit outside while the perennial pretenders are considered permanent fixtures in the squad.