• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seems pretty defeatist IMO.
Lots of things do, many people would contend that defeatism is ingrained in British sporting society.

I don't agree personally, but I can see why the unwary might get that impression.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good thread from saggers to continue from OT.

Anyway dead set the worst thing is teams having a cry about sledging, its an art imo and move on instead of crying day and day out.
Agreed. Especially people who don't play cricket talking about how bad for the game sledging is. Get a clue about what sledging is in the first place.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For me, when personal insults come into sledging, it crosses the line but that is not how cricket functions.

adharcric

International Coach
Agreed. Especially people who don't play cricket talking about how bad for the game sledging is. Get a clue about what sledging is in the first place.
Spot on. Just two days ago, we virtually sledged our way to a breakthrough (talked so much trash to a well-set batsman, plenty of it coming from our strike spinner) and then brought on the spinner to the by-now agitated batsman. Goodbye :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
Spot on. Just two days ago, we virtually sledged our way to a breakthrough (talked so much trash to a well-set batsman, plenty of it coming from our strike spinner) and then brought on the spinner to the by-now agitated batsman. Goodbye :cool:
He should of looked to plonk your spinner over the boundary, would of shut him up.

Flem274*

123/5
He should of looked to plonk your spinner over the boundary, would of shut him up.
Maybe thats how he got out?:laugh:

Anyway with regards to sledging, if you can't take it you're not gonna get far. In my grade we don't shut up, there's always a bit of banter. People can moan as much as they want about it but it will never stop. Thats just the way it is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
batsmen who seem to be able to hoick the ball from any part of the pitch over midwicket!
I agree with that actually. Nothing ****s me more as a bowler than a casual player who waltzes to the crease and smashes everything over midwicket for six on tea-cup sized grounds without actually playing any "real" cricket.