• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

simmy

International Regular
It's McGrath's arrogance. "We will win 5-0 before every series"... "I will target batsman X and Y"

Why not just let his cricket do the talking? Probably the greatest bowler of all time... he doesnt need to chat such rubbish.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Games against University sides. I'm sure they're all well and good for practice, and for improving the University players, but it irritates me that the season is so stop-start. Kent just get going (in a manner of speaking) against Sussex and Surrey, and then they're stuck playing Cardiff University.

It's actually telling how poorly Kent have played so far this season, in that we've basically put out our first team to try and get some form together...
People who don't rate Kevin Pietersen

Seriously, grow some eyes FFS.
Damn straight. Uni-vs-county games are something I've never understood, less still that certain of such games have First-Class status, and Pietersen-dislikers, well...
Glenn McGrath. I hate that dickhead.
**** poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Spinners and dumb batsmen. Absolute filth.

A spinner walks 5 paces lobs the ball up and an idiot batsman ties to hit it out of the park and mistimes it (or just plain misses it) and gets out. Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Fast bowlers pound their body into the ground and pour blood, sweat and tears on the field in the effort to get a wicket. Risking future hip replacement and not being able to pickup their grandkids in the future due to wear and tear, whilst the athletic equivelent of a cricketing hippo puts in little physical effort and relies on the idiocy of the batsman for many wickets.

:@
Absolutely damn straight.

Though it's even worse when such bowlers are part-timers.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Pointless Cricketing Interviews

The same phrases are repeated again and again...Plus the stupid and most obvious questions the interviewer poses the player.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Manipulation of stats

Selecting certain periods, or deselecting teams etc is all well and good. But when people start saying, "if you take out all Pietersen's scores above 4, he actually averages 0.75"

I mean, so what?
Hmm, if anything I tend to get more annoyed by people who say "his overall career average is RM.YH and therefore NOTHING else has ANY relevance because you're "manipulating" those stats.

Err, well, no, I'm not really. I'm pointing-out something that the stats DO show. Yes, there are silly examples (like "if you take out all his scoring strokes he averages 0") but IMO an overall career average for a decent length career is pretty worthless - you need some breakdowns to tell you any real stories.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

A spinner walks 5 paces lobs the ball up and an idiot batsman ties to hit it out of the park and mistimes it (or just plain misses it) and gets out. Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Fast bowlers pound their body into the ground and pour blood, sweat and tears on the field in the effort to get a wicket. Risking future hip replacement and not being able to pickup their grandkids in the future due to wear and tear, whilst the athletic equivelent of a cricketing hippo puts in little physical effort and relies on the idiocy of the batsman for many wickets.

Kinda tells you which one out of the spinner or fast bowler is smarter. :p

(Proud member of the Leg-Spinner Society for the last 14 years)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Illiterate People

This is especially bad on a cricket forum where people actually want to read and respond to your posts with some intelligent debate, instead they are put off by your inability to make sense.
Ahh...I miss Richard vs TEC. Those were the days. :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kinda tells you which one out of the spinner or fast bowler is smarter. :p

(Proud member of the Leg-Spinner Society for the last 14 years)
Yeah, the fast bowler. Just need to look at Kev and me for the evidence there.

shortpitched713

International Captain

Work smarter not harder is what they say.