• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Craig

World Traveller
Fox Sports:

Look their coverage of cricket is pretty good, and I'm quite lucky to see a lot of international matches on TV, but i'm not quite happy at the idea to show the first two days of this Test and then not bother about days 3 or 4 which is on Saturday and Sunday. Instead they decide to show highlights at a real late time at night, and clearly think replays of AFL and NRL games are more important then Test cricket and on the other channel they have some golf tournament in the States. Personally I'm not happy at this, I know they have to cater for other sports fans, but **** it, I'm a cricket fan and IMO it should be shown live. I don't have a lot of time to watch this Test or series, so I was really looking forward to it over the weekend to sit and watch some quality Test cricket, but now I can't. If they can't show every ball live, then why bother going for it in the first place? It's all or nothing for me, either you do it properly, or don't do it at all. Just plain dire.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fox Sports:

Look their coverage of cricket is pretty good, and I'm quite lucky to see a lot of international matches on TV, but i'm not quite happy at the idea to show the first two days of this Test and then not bother about days 3 or 4 which is on Saturday and Sunday. Instead they decide to show highlights at a real late time at night, and clearly think replays of AFL and NRL games are more important then Test cricket and on the other channel they have some golf tournament in the States. Personally I'm not happy at this, I know they have to cater for other sports fans, but **** it, I'm a cricket fan and IMO it should be shown live. I don't have a lot of time to watch this Test or series, so I was really looking forward to it over the weekend to sit and watch some quality Test cricket, but now I can't. If they can't show every ball live, then why bother going for it in the first place? It's all or nothing for me, either you do it properly, or don't do it at all. Just plain dire.
****in eh'

They were showing the Aust vs SA 20/20 and Eng vs WI ODI last night, but can't squeeze in some test cricket? And its NZ, who always have their test cricket shown.

Fox losing the Fox Footy Channel hurt cricket viewing in Australia :(

Now I have to find another means of watching :ph34r:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People calling for Shane Warne's return

Not only has he pretty much straight up said he's never going to come back, the fact is he's almost 40 and may be able to bowl 4 overs in the IPL, but there's not a chance in hell of him coming back. I read an article by Dean Jones today in The Age that was seriously suggesting that Australia ask Warne to come back for the 2011 World Cup, in two years time and give him the captaincy, thus allowing younger spinners like Hauritz the time to go back and work on their stuff. Honestly people, get over it, he's not coming back.

Langeveldt

Soutie
People who refer to losing early wickets as a collapse
Or is T20 making you so stupid you can't even speak English properly?

Craig

World Traveller
People calling for Shane Warne's return

Not only has he pretty much straight up said he's never going to come back, the fact is he's almost 40 and may be able to bowl 4 overs in the IPL, but there's not a chance in hell of him coming back. I read an article by Dean Jones today in The Age that was seriously suggesting that Australia ask Warne to come back for the 2011 World Cup, in two years time and give him the captaincy, thus allowing younger spinners like Hauritz the time to go back and work on their stuff. Honestly people, get over it, he's not coming back.
I waiting for the banners at Australian home games:

"bring back warnie lolz"

profernity

U19 Debutant
Can being 40/6 after 16 overs in a 50 overs plus game be termed as anything else?

That's both early wickets and a collapse I think, one term denoting the point in time at which the event occurred, the other denoting the number of wickets lost. Or have I missed the point?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
That's both early wickets and a collapse I think, one term denoting the point in time at which the event occurred, the other denoting the number of wickets lost. Or have I missed the point?
I suppose so. being 12/2 after 5 is hardly a collapse tbf even tjhough its clearly early wickets

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suppose so. being 12/2 after 5 is hardly a collapse tbf even tjhough its clearly early wickets
might be splitting hairs here but i would've thought that for there to be a collapse there had to be a foundation to collapse from?

ie going from 0/40 to 6/46 would be a collapse but crawling to 6/46 losing regular wickets would just be a crap start?

Or am I way off?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
What really grinds my cricketing gears:

Mark Nicholas

The ECB, Collier and Clarke in particular

People who bang on about the 05 ashes as if it was last week

Batsmen who don't walk

Mark Nicholas

The PCB and it's myopia

Lalit Modi and everything he stands for

Citi moments of success, the citi moments of failure are much more amusing

Mark Nicholas

Charles Colville (who is he? which planet produced such an idiot?)

The Indian electronic media and all it's flashing annoyance

Australian commentators who still think they're the best side in the world

Mark Nicholas

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What really grinds my cricketing gears:

Mark Nicholas

The ECB, Collier and Clarke in particular

People who bang on about the 05 ashes as if it was last week

Batsmen who don't walk

Mark Nicholas

The PCB and it's myopia

Lalit Modi and everything he stands for

Citi moments of success, the citi moments of failure are much more amusing

Mark Nicholas

Charles Colville (who is he? which planet produced such an idiot?)

The Indian electronic media and all it's flashing annoyance

Australian commentators who still think they're the best side in the world

Mark Nicholas
Throw in the ICC's 'lets make things up as we go along' policies and that's me

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Commentators saying "they've picked up a wicket at just the right time"

No you dip****. The "right time" is as soon as possible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, the "getting wickets when you need them" thing (in whatever context) is such utter nonsense. There is essentially never a bad time to take a wicket; any wicket, for the bowling side, is a good thing. As I say - with exceptionally rare exceptions.