• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So what if someone bowls at 125-130kph as a fast bowler?. Some people on here are IMO pretty dismissive as though top class batsman should be able to just belt them out of the attack.
Really? I know I don't read all threads (and with the amount of this "team draft" stuff around currently I read fewer than I avoid at the moment) but I can't say I've ever noticed that much of it on CW.

There's more of it among people who should in theory know better (eg, people who present cricket programs!).

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Just see condescending comments quite often mostly towards pace bowlers, I imagine say for example that if James Hopes or Andrew McDonald bowled 140kph + comments of negativity towards them would not be as much.

Just my opinion though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just see condescending comments quite often mostly towards pace bowlers, I imagine say for example that if James Hopes or Andrew McDonald bowled 140kph + comments of negativity towards them would not be as much.

Just my opinion though.
If they bowled 140kph+ they'd be far better though :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Might have been mentioned on this thread already, but...

Dickheads who walk behind/in front/around the sightscreen when the bowler is running in.

Understand the game or **** off.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
what was once a gesture of returning exiled leaders to their homeland... this sight of cricketers kissing the ground after a milestone is OTT for me

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Might have been mentioned on this thread already, but...

Dickheads who walk behind/in front/around the sightscreen when the bowler is running in.

Understand the game or **** off.
Oh god...so the bowler has to walk all the way back to his mark wasting approx 10 seconds...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
yeah, give the badge a kiss but agree, the ground is OTT.. Any idea who first did it?
Not sure whether he first did it at The SCG in his 277, but the first time I saw him do it was at The ARG in his 375.

I don't mind it in absolutely massive innings', but just routine ones seems odd.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh god...so the bowler has to walk all the way back to his mark wasting approx 10 seconds...
What the ****? That's probably the most annoying thing about watching cricket, and it seems as though it happens in every game. Usually it's some bloody moron who has no idea. It might only be a short delay, but it's rude, inconsiderate and downright stupid.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha yeah, is massively annoying. It's not exactly hard to wait for the bowler to finish their delivery. Even worse when Stewards do it.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
What the ****? That's probably the most annoying thing about watching cricket, and it seems as though it happens in every game. Usually it's some bloody moron who has no idea. It might only be a short delay, but it's rude, inconsiderate and downright stupid.
Well yeah...but how often do you see someone do it deliberately?. Not everyone knows all the rules to the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yeah...but how often do you see someone do it deliberately?. Not everyone knows all the rules to the game.
TBH, you'd hope they'd spend a minute or two finding-out that in cricket batsmen - perfectly fairly - don't like anything moving behind the bowler's arm as he's running in to bowl before entering a cricket ground.

The delays may be short but it's a waste of energy for bowlers and once you get a few of them per day (which is far from unusual) it begins to have some small impact on the ubiquitous over-rate.

And as we all know, there's enough stuff damaging that without utterly unneccessary and ridiculously easily avoidable delays along those lines. 8-)

Jigga988

State 12th Man
these aircraft's attempting to take off after a wicket

Air Shoaib :

Air Fidel :

like some emotion after a wicket, the one thing that does slightly annoy me with Fidel is that he does his whole 'you can't see me' celebration after getting a batsmen out who's scored a century and had the better of him all day...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
like some emotion after a wicket, the one thing that does slightly annoy me with Fidel is that he does his whole 'you can't see me' celebration after getting a batsmen out who's scored a century and had the better of him all day...
The irony is more amusing than anoying :laugh:

ozone

First Class Debutant
Parents, and by this I mean those who think they know everything about cricket, and therefore think they are in the best position to give advice to there sons U15 team-mates.

Dumbest thing I've seen was a dad getting his son and a few others to practice one handed catches across the body from a standing position. :wallbash:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's not even the rules/laws - it's cricketing common sense. And if they've ever watched a game on TV before going to a match, they'd notice how it disrupts the game.

Obviously you're one of the goons who thinks nothing of doing it 2-3 times a game. Slow hand clap for you.