• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I like doing it, and I'm going to continue to do it despite your friendly request. It is not going to kill you or any other poster to read one more word, and I have never had a complaint on any other forum where I've done the same.

-Chimpdaddy-
You could stick it in your signature and save yourself the bother though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I like doing it, and I'm going to continue to do it despite your friendly request. It is not going to kill you or any other poster to read one more word, and I have never had a complaint on any other forum where I've done the same.
What I don't get is why you like doing it. :dontgetit As I say, all it does is make a post that little bit more effort-expensive.

It's obviously not going to kill me and I can easily just delete it from a quote when I quote the post (as exampled above) but it's just one of those little things that costs nothing and makes miniscule improvement, so I can't understand why anyone would do it.

As for other forums, CW enjoys a higher calibre of discussion than elsewhere and thus differences from other forums are to be expected and not remotely surprising.

The whole point of signatures is to do what you do manually every post.

Langeveldt

Soutie

-Chimpdaddy-
I don't think anyone else in the world would have a problem with it :)

-Langeveldt-

pasag

RTDAS
The fact they don't have strike rate and econ rate coming up with the rest of the stats when a new batsman or bowler comes on at the MCG during limited overs games, makes no sense.

Langeveldt

Soutie
That crap they play in the stadium between what seems like every ball in the T20..

Double Sided Bats making an entrance
Why is underarm bowling considered bad etiquette when this is allowed?

Chimpdaddy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What I don't get is why you like doing it. :dontgetit As I say, all it does is make a post that little bit more effort-expensive.

It's obviously not going to kill me and I can easily just delete it from a quote when I quote the post (as exampled above) but it's just one of those little things that costs nothing and makes miniscule improvement, so I can't understand why anyone would do it.

As for other forums, CW enjoys a higher calibre of discussion than elsewhere and thus differences from other forums are to be expected and not remotely surprising.

The whole point of signatures is to do what you do manually every post.
I like doing it, because I like doing it. Honestly, all the attention over such a minor thing is ridiculous. I don't feel I need to justify myself about this, so you will just have to get over it.

CW usually has quite thoughtful posters, which is why I like being apart of this forum. It would be a shame if this continues to be an issue, and I decide it is not worth it. Honestly, can we just stick to what we know best, cricket perhaps?:)

-Chimpdaddy-

Chimpdaddy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That crap they play in the stadium between what seems like every ball in the T20..

Double Sided Bats making an entrance
Why is underarm bowling considered bad etiquette when this is allowed?
Completely agree with the first point. I mean, I can understand the music between overs, but between every ball? Every six, four, or wicket seems to have crazy music blaring though. I suppose it adds to the atmosphere, but they need to give it a rest too.

I've heard about these double-sided bats. Bit strange though...

-Chimpdaddy-

Langeveldt

Soutie
Over-emotional farewells
Yeah I'm looking at you Haydo's.. By all means a nice lap of honour on your final game, wave to your fans, thank them and your team mates, but he seems to be milking it for all it's worth.. What was his son doing on his lap at the press conference? It all seems a bit Hollywood, yeah you can't ban that kind of stuff, and whatever he feels comfortable with I guess, but it grinds my gears to see someone pouring their heart out everywhere for an extended period of time..

Evermind

International Debutant
Over-emotional farewells
Yeah I'm looking at you Haydo's.. By all means a nice lap of honour on your final game, wave to your fans, thank them and your team mates, but he seems to be milking it for all it's worth.. What was his son doing on his lap at the press conference? It all seems a bit Hollywood, yeah you can't ban that kind of stuff, and whatever he feels comfortable with I guess, but it grinds my gears to see someone pouring their heart out everywhere for an extended period of time..

The guy has played for a long time. It's like taking your kid to your last day at work, 'cept his workplace is rather unusual. I'd allow him that much!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Over-emotional farewells
FFS, it was Haydos or memorabilia plugs. How would you rather an innings break be filled?

In any case, it was less indulgent than Waugh's, McGrath's, Warne's and even Langer's send-offs.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS, it was Haydos or memorabilia plugs. How would you rather an innings break be filled?

In any case, it was less indulgent than Waugh's, McGrath's, Warne's and even Langer's send-offs.
Waugh, McGrath and Warne have more of a right though. Far more.