• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't actually remember anyone ever saying that tbh.

It's funny how to defend test matches people always say "it's brilliant because there are long periods of attrition that make it so much more special when it bursts into life." But then when there's a match like this which is continually really exciting they say "see! test cricket's awesome!"

Craig

World Traveller

It's funny how to defend test matches people always say "it's brilliant because there are long periods of attrition that make it so much more special when it bursts into life." But then when there's a match like this which is continually really exciting they say "see! test cricket's awesome!"
It was more a reference to guys like Jason Gillespie.

Uppercut

It was more a reference to guys like Jason Gillespie.
Ah, yeah fair enough. I thought you meant people being like "test cricket's dead, T20 is the future!" as opposed to "tests are dying!!! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!"

Talmier

Cricket Spectator
The KFC ads are the worst

But the things that annoy me the most are

1) The roads they call pitches all around the world. Fast Pitches with grass bring the class batsmen to the top.

2) Lack of top quality swing bowlers. Nothing beats seeing the ball zip through the air and beating the bat from the likes of Damien Fleming

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The KFC ads are the worst

But the things that annoy me the most are

1) The roads they call pitches all around the world. Fast Pitches with grass bring the class batsmen to the top.

2) Lack of top quality swing bowlers. Nothing beats seeing the ball zip through the air and beating the bat from the likes of Damien Fleming
Both good points.

And welcome to the boards Talmier - hope you enjoy CW. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The endless "they say Test cricket's dying, well, not if you look at this game" thing got very tiresome a good while ago TBH.

I noticed it in the very first Test series I watched with considerable attention, in 1998.

Uppercut

The endless "they say Test cricket's dying, well, not if you look at this game" thing got very tiresome a good while ago TBH.

I noticed it in the very first Test series I watched with considerable attention, in 1998.
It beats "they say there's no magic in the FA cup anymore, but..." though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, and how. I don't watch much football any more though so that one ceased to bother me a while ago.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Endless deliberation about "is the fielder touching the rope when he touches the ball"

How come you can get sawn off in 5 seconds by an umpire who gives you out incorrectly, yet they will spend 5 minutes worrying about a single run? Really drives me insane, and the commentators often make it sound like a really big deal.. Paint a white line around the ground, if the ball touches it or goes past, then its four runs, simple

protea lover

Cricket Spectator
seeing replays of test matches that happened in 05 and 06 really annoys me especially before a highly anticipated match. I don't mind seeing a replay I haven't seen but if i have seen it then it really annoys me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I guess in future the TV companies should ring you and check if you have seen the match before they show it

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Endless deliberation about "is the fielder touching the rope when he touches the ball"

How come you can get sawn off in 5 seconds by an umpire who gives you out incorrectly, yet they will spend 5 minutes worrying about a single run? Really drives me insane, and the commentators often make it sound like a really big deal.. Paint a white line around the ground, if the ball touches it or goes past, then its four runs, simple
Rarely see them spend more than a minute on it TBH.

And it doesn't bother me in itself, though I do wish they'd done the equally simple thing of ensuring that no-ball calling was faultless before they started doing that.

Uppercut

Had a quick moan about this in the India tour thread. Particularly annoying when it leads to ****ing Mike Hussey bowling the first overs after tea because Chris ****ing Broad has decided to bend Ricky Ponting over on the subject of over rates.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Had a quick moan about this in the India tour thread. Particularly annoying when it leads to ****ing Mike Hussey bowling the first overs after tea because Chris ****ing Broad has decided to bend Ricky Ponting over on the subject of over rates.
Yeah it's very strange that they have a go about over rates after spending 5 minutes deciding if one run has been scored or not.. It continually amazes me that the commentators, doesn't matter who they are, get so excited about it

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf, if they just went "Does he touch the rope. Oh wait, no-one gives a ****", they might be fired...

DingDong

State Captain
Somebody in cricketweb saying
'player X >>>>>>>>>>> player Y.
Then, Richard coming along and saying 'No, as a matter of fact
player X >>>>>> player Y'.