Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Seriously?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    People that ask me if I'm going to the cricket when I'm on the bus that is going to the cricket and wearing my Australian shirt.

A case for Captain Obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Seriously?
    I know the feeling, when you turn up at your relatives and the dialogue is something like this

Auntie: So you've ome to visit then?
    You: Yes...
    Auntie: And you have arrived?

LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    When South Africa lose a game they are called chokers

Ever considered the fact that they may have just lost to a better side or the fact they may have simply been outplayed? Pisses me off itbt.

The myth that NZ have no good seamers bar Bond

Go look up the averages of Franklin, Mills, Southee and Gillespie then come talk.

Bowlers are crap these days

No, they're not. End of discussion.

NZ achieve all success through hard work and no talent

Hard workers are Zim, Bang etc. You don't get to third in the world in ODIs with useless players.

Sylvester Joseph

Why? an insult to WI cricket

Mahmood, Plunkett and Anderson

An insult to English cricket.

That is all.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    More thought and they could have been decent rants. As it is, they're terrible.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    More thought and they could have been decent rants. As it is, they're terrible.
    Yeah pretty much. They were more like statements than rants. I'll probably go back later and redo each individualy but just had to say them all now.

Icon8

The I$C$C...

Let's see:

Robert Craddock/Ben Dorries

Terrible journos, the both of them. One (Dorries) is lazy with his facts; the other spends time either calling for the heads of Australian players (Mark Waugh) or speaking about how Australia is in decline after one Test loss (that'd be Craddock).

Neil Harvey

I can't think of one good thing that he's said about the Australian cricket team since Allan Border's era. He even expressed needless negativity about AB...who had looked up to Harvey in his formative years.

The pumping up of Indian bowlers prematurely/in an exaggerated manner

RP Singh (especially), Zaheer Khan, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Irfan Pathan and Sreesanth to a lesser extent

Bill Lawry/Ian Healy/Michael Slater

I hold all three of these commentators in contempt. Lawry is a joke, Healy makes moronic statements ad nauseum, while Slater's voice (and personality) irritate me. I didn't include Tony Greig because he's too comical to really hold in contempt.

Shaun Tait

Many people don't realise that he will be a complete liability when not bowling well, as much as he can rip the heart out of opposing bowling line-ups (which I don't think he does often enough to justify a consistent place; we may as well fill his spot with a hologram)

The ICC

...for just about anything in modern times, really, especially their dealings with Zimbabwe

People getting excited about homogenous cricketing spectacles for a prolonged period

...i.e - Twenty20 and anything associated with it

People calling for Ricky Ponting's head after winning a Test match

The hypocrisy of Anil Kumble's post-Sydney comments

Sajid Mahmood

Possibly the worst Test seamer I've ever seen play with my own eyes

There are more, but I can't think of what they possibly are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    Sajid Mahmood

Possibly the worst Test seamer I've ever seen play with my own eyes
    I can only think of one worse myself, that being K Eric Upashantha. Saj runs him damn close tho. Fully aware that you may not have seen him, of course.

Quality introduction to the thread BTW.
    Last edited by Richard; 25-04-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    When South Africa lose a game they are called chokers

Ever considered the fact that they may have just lost to a better side or the fact they may have simply been outplayed? Pisses me off itbt.

Mahmood, Plunkett and Anderson

An insult to English cricket.

Haha yeah, agreed.. It's like we're supposed to be the best and if we lose it's obviously because we've played like a bunch of spineless fools..

Mahmood is the only insult to English cricket.. But he's so bad he makes up for the other two
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I can only think of one worse myself, that being K Eric Upashantha. Saj runs him damn close tho.

Quality introduction to the thread BTW.
    Well, I've never seen Upashantha play with my own eyes, so Mahmood it is, for me.

Besides, for some weird reason, the ignominous duo of Craddock/Dorries popped into my head. I cannot even begin to describe how the pair of them incense me. Being English (and not from Brisbane, as they write for the Courier-Mail), you are probably not as acquainted with the banal ineptitude of this particular duo's articles as I.

Well, I've never seen Upashantha play with my own eyes, so Mahmood it is, for me.
    No, indeed, I've only seen him play a couple of times. But for that, it'd be Mahmood for me too.
    Besides, for some weird reason, the ignominous duo of Craddock/Dorries popped into my head. I cannot even begin to describe how the pair of them incense me. Being English (and not from Brisbane, as they write for the Courier-Mail), you are probably not as acquainted with the banal ineptitude of this particular duo's articles as I.
    I've never even heard of the latter (maybe a reflection on his writing skill), and TBH the former has never struck me as extraordinarily poor, I've seen many worse (Malcolm Conn, for example). I can't say I've read his work extensively mind, so there's much I could've missed.

Pinball Champion!
    Good article on the IPL.. Bye bye cricket

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magaz...ry/347517.html

I've never even heard of the latter (maybe a reflection on his writing skill).
    Good. Keep it that way.

TBH the former has never struck me as extraordinarily poor, I've seen many worse (Malcolm Conn, for example). I can't say I've read his work extensively mind, so there's much I could've missed.
    I disagree. I have a mixed attitude towards Malcolm Conn. I'm not a big fan of his (his views on Mark Waugh, for instance, have prevented that), but I, surprisingly, do find myself agreeing with some of his articles. I cannot say the same about Craddock, whose writings are not only bland (a charge I cannot file against Conn), but which also manage to irk me on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Good article on the IPL.. Bye bye cricket

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magaz...ry/347517.html
    Interesting points, as always, from Mukhul.

I disagree. I have a mixed attitude towards Malcolm Conn. I'm not a big fan of his (his views on Mark Waugh, for instance, have prevented that), but I, surprisingly, do find myself agreeing with some of his articles. I cannot say the same about Craddock, whose writings are not only bland (a charge I cannot file against Conn), but which also manage to irk me on a consistent basis.
    Yeah, well I've had the misfortune I guess to be exposed to rather more of Conn's nonsensical anti-every-team-ever-to-tour-Australia(especially-England) simplistic scrawlings than Craddock. I honestly can't say I've ever read something in a piece of his (Conn's) that I agreed with other than absurdly obvious stuff (not dissimilar to a poster or two on this forum that, of course), so I've naturally taken a very strong, visceral dislike to his writing.

After a while, when a writer has disgusted me to a certain degree, I generally tend to stop reading their works (I know one Matthew Pitt has this attitude to a certain Peter Roebuck for example) so in recent years I've barely read anything written by Conn, other than the odd bit and piece around Ovalgate time (when surprise surprise he came accross to me as defending Hair because Hair was Australian). So someone who makes more of a habit of reading him would presumably have a better chance of finding material to agree with.

Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread Information