• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor form for anyone wanting to bring that fiasco up again. Worst tour thread ever.

Precambrian

Banned
Nope, I didnt want to bring up anything particular. I just dont like when fielders claim grounded catches. Photos are unconnected, but incidents not.

pasag

RTDAS
Nope, I didnt want to bring up anything particular. I just dont like when fielders claim grounded catches. Photos are unconnected, but incidents not.
Anyone who was watching that catch when it happened knew that the way Ponting caught it and the speed in which he went to ground meant that there was no way he could have seen it. Just because internet trolls freeze fame it and try and find the perfect angle to make it seem like the was looking at it doesn't make it so. Just look at the way he reacted (poorly admittedly) when it was bought up in the press conference, he was astonished and had no idea.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not an MS Dhoni fan then?

Edit: sorry, shouldn't have bitten.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah it's annoying because in the first innings of that match Ponting didn't claim a very close catch off Dravid yet when this happens later on in the match when he clearly didn't know it was grounded, all the trolls all of a sudden come out of the woodwork and go ballistic.

Burgey

Said in a thread earlier this year that Ricky Ponting could fart clouds of incense in praise of his opponents at every media conference he does from here to eternity, clap every hundred made by an opposing batsman and nod his head in acknowledgement to every decent ball bowled to him, and the trolls still won't have a decent word to say about him.

Uppercut

Said in a thread earlier this year that Ricky Ponting could fart clouds of incense in praise of his opponents at every media conference he does from here to eternity, clap every hundred made by an opposing batsman and nod his head in acknowledgement to every decent ball bowled to him, and the trolls still won't have a decent word to say about him.
Well while they'd still fail to acknowledge his batting ability, they'd have to respect his ability to fart clouds of incense. That's pretty difficult to do.

Top_Cat

I reckon it's because he looks like that ultra-competitive little snot who annoyed the crap out of everyone in primary school. Everyone hates that guy.

Precambrian

Banned
Well looking at it, it's hard to believe he could be 100% sure he caught it. Anyway I think it's a dead horse that's being flogged.

BTW even if it's Tendulkar (btw he'd never do it) who claimed a grounded catch, i'd vehemently oppose it.

As to that mention of ability to fart incense -----> :laugh: