• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, damn straight. Play with a bloody orange ball, that'll make things easier.

Except the poor old TV companies can't get colour monitors. 8-)

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Haha, damn straight. Play with a bloody orange ball, that'll make things easier.

Except the poor old TV companies can't get colour monitors. 8-)
Put a light in the balls. Like those kiddie ones you can buy.:ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
3 day Test matches grind my cricket gears no end, especially if it's not a terrible pitch..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fans stating stuff about players they have never even seen play and swearing that it is the fact, even if it goes against what has been said/written about said player by his contemporaries, simply because they have some numbers to back it up...

The magic of selective stats..... :rolleyes:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Fans stating stuff about players they have never even seen play and swearing that it is the fact, even if it goes against what has been said/written about said player by his contemporaries, simply because they have some numbers to back it up...

The magic of selective stats..... :rolleyes:
"Richard"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You mean 8-)?

Your inexperience in the world of that smiley has obvious reasons. :)
lol.

Juz to clarify, what Richard does is not even half as annoying as what a few other guys do. The best example is the Sobers thread. A guy that almost every guy who is a pro in cricket or cricket writing rates so high and yet these guys, just because some numbers seem not so good compared to some others' numbers in different eras believe that he was a part timer and that he uses some kind of black magic to get everybody to rate him that high......

I mean, I have seen some stupid threads but that one has to take the cake, really.. :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People who continously do their darndest to find some reason or another as to why Australia won that doesn't include them quite simply outplaying the opposition. Fair enough if it was a close thing for the entire match barring some brilliance from say Ponting or whoever that wins it. But nothing ****s me more when they thrash the opposition, and then people say "oh it was the pitch" or "oh our batting was crap" instead of saying "their bowling pwned us on what was a reasonable pitch to bat upon" etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahaha, damn straight. Unutterably off-pissing to hear people make-up 50 reasons a day as to why England lost - and so badly - this winter. Should have had more tour-games, should have picked different players, shouldn't have Duncan Fletcher as coach, picked the wrong captain, should have kept Troy Cooley, shouldn't allow those awful families to tour with the team, Kevin Pietersen is selfish, were too preoccupied with the team of 2005, celebrated too much after the victory in 2005, didn't take a single Test in between seriously, didn't take the Champions Trophy seriously, Stephen Harmison's attitude isn't right, blah-blah-blah...

Every single one of those is just bull**** IMO, even if one of them had a certain amount of grounding in reason (the tour-games). Simple fact is, Australia were the better side, and every single one of the above could have been altered and we probably still would've lost 5-0.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hahaha, damn straight. Unutterably off-pissing to hear people make-up 50 reasons a day as to why England lost - and so badly - this winter. Should have had more tour-games, should have picked different players, shouldn't have Duncan Fletcher as coach, picked the wrong captain, should have kept Troy Cooley, shouldn't allow those awful families to tour with the team, Kevin Pietersen is selfish, were too preoccupied with the team of 2005, celebrated too much after the victory in 2005, didn't take a single Test in between seriously, didn't take the Champions Trophy seriously, Stephen Harmison's attitude isn't right, blah-blah-blah...

Every single one of those is just bull**** IMO, even if one of them had a certain amount of grounding in reason (the tour-games). Simple fact is, Australia were the better side, and every single one of the above could have been altered and we probably still would've lost 5-0.
agreed.. Over analysis sucks.. Its the same with SA going out of the world cup to Australia, uh, spot the better team??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Too much ****ing international cricket

I mean, I hate it when a day goes by with no cricket, I really do, but... I just don't get how anyone can be seriously deluded enough to think that the attempt to fill every single day of the international cricket calender - preferably three or four times over - is anything but a complete recipe for disaster. Not everyone loves watching the stuff non-stop, and believe it or not players can't keep up with either the performances or the not-getting-injured. I mean, WTF, is it really so difficult to realise that?

open365

International Vice-Captain
I hate it when people accuse teams of being complacent and saying there was too much back slapping after the ashes then backing it up with "They can't have been practicing, they were all writing books".

It's completely false, it may be convinient to think that everyone in the side gave up after the ashes but the fact is we were hit by injuries and didn't play well enough, i don't see how writing a book affects that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
See...