• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allrounders Vs Batsmen and Bowlers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yup but soe of the options aren't the best. Oram, Razzaq, Jayasuriya, Gayle, Styris and Collingwood are all decent bowlers, no doubt about it. But they are primarily batsman who can bowl. they do a decent job but a bowler who can bat a bit is generally a better bowling option.
As far as ODIs go, there is no way I'd consider Oram a batsman who could bowl a bit apart from during one anomalistic period during the Australian summer of 2006-07. For the most part, he's been selected based on his bowling with the hope that his batting might eventually prove useful - which it finally did after about 50 matches.

deeps

International 12th Man
As far as ODIs go, there is no way I'd consider Oram a batsman who could bowl a bit apart from during one anomalistic period during the Australian summer of 2006-07. For the most part, he's been selected based on his bowling with the hope that his batting might eventually prove useful - which it finally did after about 50 matches.
Well even in tests i've seen Oram as more a batsman than a bowler. hiw bowling is not bad but lacks penetration imo

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well even in tests i've seen Oram as more a batsman than a bowler. hiw bowling is not bad but lacks penetration imo
Yes, in test cricket, Oram is most certainly a batting allrounder. He's been a bowling allrounder for virtually all of his ODI career though, regardless of what he considers himself as.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Everyone is considering players from today. Do you think the results would be any different if payers from all time frames were considered (Bradman or Sobers etc)

Or do you think it complicates things too much because there would be too many variables to consider.

allout

Cricket Spectator
a

I think this team of allrounders can beat any team in any form of cricket.

Shahid Afridi
Sanath Jayasuriya
Jacques Kallis
Scott Styris
Kumar Sangakkara
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Symonds
Andrew Flintoff
Shane Watson
Jacob Oram
Shaun Pollock