• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most under-rated players

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
There are many players who are really under-rated, some of them are big match players, which i would say is better when compared to highly rated players who consistently chokes.

Neil Fairbrother
Navjot Sidhu
Ijaz Ahmed
Salim Malik
Carl Hooper

But who would be most under-rated player? Someone who has played vital knocks in crunch times, when their team is in dire straits. He might have a very modest statistics to show.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Stephen Fleming: not only as a batsman, but as a captain

Andy Bichel: he could of had a career similar to that of Dizzy's, oh how I remember how he was dumped - Brett Lee, Perth Test, sickens me (if you remember the context, you may agree with me, if not, Bichel's bowled to me8 -) , so some slight bias there, but nonetheless, underrated

Adam Parore

Daryl Cullinan

I agree with Fairbrother, from England I would have to add Solanki.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah Darryl Cullinan.. Seems to be most well remembered for being unable to play the greatest bowler in the history of the game.. He was pretty good against some of the rest though

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carl Hooper was not under-rated. He underachieved. In many ways he was over-rated.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul is still one of the most under-rated players in world cricket, especially in ODI cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Paul Collingwood is rated about right by many people these days. Ashwell Prince is still pretty much under-rated though.

simmy

International Regular
My choice lies with Simon Jones. Pace, swing, bounce and always injured. He is England's Shane Bond!

Mr Mxyzptlk

My choice lies with Simon Jones. Pace, swing, bounce and always injured. He is England's Shane Bond!
Except Shane Bond had more than one outstanding series amidst his injuries. Simon Jones is over-rated, as much as I like him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scott Styris as an ODI cricketer, he's had a great tournament but he is still very much under-rated.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Underrated threads are tough, because obviously I rate the players meaning I think everyone should rate them too..

Anyways for what it's worth here are my underrated players

Andrew Hall
Mushrafe Mortaza
Jerome Taylor
Michael Clarke
Umar Gul

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I agree. Except Shane Bond never had a series as great as Simon Jones' Ashes. He was a better bowler in that series than Freddie (Freddie was the better player because he was an all-rounder who made crucial runs). I haven't seen Shane Bond read batsmen as well as Jones did that series, or even swing the ball as intelligently as Jones. Such a pity he only had one great series because if bowled like that we'd be talking about him in the highest of terms.

One cannot underestimate how vital and brilliant he was in that Ashes.

pup11

International Coach
Michael Clarke= Underrated, no way NUFAN.

I think he is rated pretty highly by the Aussie selectors and players and he is the golden boy of Australian cricket and tipped to be the next Aussie captain.

How many other blokes have made as swift as Clarke did to comeback into the Aussie test side after being dropped?