• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Newzealand the only team never lost to minnows

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
all big nations have been beaten by minnows. Newzealand somehow managed this....
Or is it Newzealand plays minnows only in WCs. Even then this is a unique WC record.

AUS ZIM/BAN 1983/2005
ENG ZIM 1992
SA BAN 2007
IND KEN/BAN/ZIM
PAK BAN/IRE 1999/2007
SRI KEN 2003
WI KEN 1996

simmy

International Regular
Yeah they were a decent side. Nowhere near the shock of say WIvKEN or IREvPAK

FILOCRICKET

Banned
WELL Zimbabwe has beaten them 7 times out of 28 ODI they played against one another, but Zimbabwe has never won against them in a test match. The current Zimbabwe cricket team does probably look up to Bangladesh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I tend to judge teams purely on the standard of their game.

At one point Bangladesh were looking like becoming Test-class and had never once remotely looked like doing so in ODIs.

Hoppy1987

U19 Debutant
Some of the players Zim had back then though are well recognised throughout cricket as being decent ODI and Test players and they were (even though not a test nation) a decent ODI side!

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I certainly think that Zimbabwe qualified as minnows back in 1992. I remember reading a Benaud article where he described them as such.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But people always described new(ish) sides as something along those lines (don't know how new or old that horrible term "minnow" is), it doesn't mean it was always true.