• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughans front foot when bowling

prakesh

Banned
There's never anything grounded behind the line at the point of release as he's always on his toes.

Are they all no balls?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As long as part of the foot is grounded behind the line when he lands, I think it's alright.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
As long as part of the foot is grounded behind the line when he lands, I think it's alright.
But none of the foot is grounded behind the line. I don't think grounding comes into it, but just part of the foot is required behind the line. I've been known to be wrong, though

Last edited:

Perm

The law for no-balls (IIRC) is that part of the foot has to be behind the line, whether it be grounded or raised.
I see, now that you mention it I have heard umpires say that it doesn't necessarily have to be grounded, the foot that is.

pasag

RTDAS
Thoughts on Vaughan's bowling? One of the better part-timers going round imho.

Last edited:

Perm

Thought's on Vaughan's bowling? One of the better part-timers going round imho.
Turned in good performances against both Ireland and Bangladesh I think, they looked pretty cluless trying to play him. The West Indies didn't really want to hit him because all the pace was being taken off the ball, Dalrymple could have had the same effect if he was bowling.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Should have bowled a lot more during his career, but his knees have probably restricted him from taking the ball more often. never forget the beauty he got sachin with at trent bridge in 2002, murali would have been proud of it.

Scaly piscine

Turned in good performances against both Ireland and Bangladesh I think, they looked pretty cluless trying to play him. The West Indies didn't really want to hit him because all the pace was being taken off the ball, Dalrymple could have had the same effect if he was bowling.
Didn't look like it - Dalrymple bowled some rubbish and wasn't keeping it tight. Vaughan lobs it up more than practically everyone, his hand grenades are highly useful on a good day on a high scoring wicket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thoughts on Vaughan's bowling? One of the better part-timers going round imho.
I've always been a fan. I remember him bowling an absolute jaffa to clean-bowl Sachin which was pretty much the perfect offie's dismissal. I'd assumed with his knee/hamstring/whatever issues we'd seen the last of him as a bowler, but it appears not.

With Mick now (seemingly) a viable option I reckon the selectors might go for a 4-man attack for the Windies tests, relying on Vaughan/Colly/KP/Bell for the 5th option.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've always been a fan. I remember him bowling an absolute jaffa to clean-bowl Sachin which was pretty much the perfect offie's dismissal. I'd assumed with his knee/hamstring/whatever issues we'd seen the last of him as a bowler, but it appears not.

With Mick now (seemingly) a viable option I reckon the selectors might go for a 4-man attack for the Windies tests, relying on Vaughan/Colly/KP/Bell for the 5th option.
So you would bat Flintoff at 7 or 8? Where would you bat Strauss and Vaughan?