• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Grrr wish could watch but I have to wait until my parents are in bed so I can sneak to the tv and watch. Great century by Cook, disapointed that Pietersen got out. Why does Shah look so terrified? And Bell at 6? WTF?
Bell at #6 has been discussed heavily in this thread before so I'll keep it short. But basically, he's there because he has a fantastic record there, and also because Vaughan coming back in at #3 in the next test for Shah would keep Bell in the same spot.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Aye, that I am. Or, rather, I'm doing most of it. I have work, sadly, at 5 of the clock, which means I'll have to do most of it then someone will have to finish and post it for me.

Dono, incidentally, if you'd be able to help there?
Possibly, but not very well as I'll be juggling the kids in the late afternoon. Sounds like you're OK for the first 2 sessions? I could probably produce something for Session 3 and a summary intro if you're really stuck. Do you have may home email address? If not, I'll briefy post it here so you can send me your wip later in the day if you don't get a better offer.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good innings by Alistair Cook, shows that he has the goods to suceed at Test level.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Possibly, but not very well as I'll be juggling the kids in the late afternoon. Sounds like you're OK for the first 2 sessions? I could probably produce something for Session 3 and a summary intro if you're really stuck. Do you have may home email address? If not, I'll briefy post it here so you can send me your wip later in the day if you don't get a better offer.
Mail me at (deleted), sounds an excellent idea if it's workable. I can do a proper job on the first 2 sessions, mail it to you, then you can do a brief intro and third session, and post it.

I doubt I'll get a better offer, TBH. Thanks mate. :)

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ridiculous really. Can't recall ever seeing someone receive 2 so outrageous letoffs in short time.
Vaughan dropped by Gilchrist & then bowled off a no-ball on his way to 166 at old Trafford spring to mind. IIRC they came in the same McGrath over. Maybe successive delivereies?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan dropped by Gilchrist & then bowled off a no-ball on his way to 166 at old Trafford spring to mind. IIRC they came in the same McGrath over. Maybe successive delivereies?
Yes, successive deliveries. Clean forgot that. Collingwood was merely successive overs. Still, the Gilchrist chance was a bit more tricky than the Ganga one.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Mail me at(deleted) sounds an excellent idea if it's workable. I can do a proper job on the first 2 sessions, mail it to you, then you can do a brief intro and third session, and post it.

I doubt I'll get a better offer, TBH. Thanks mate. :)

Done

Perm

Honestly don't think we saw anything in that knock that we don't already know, but TBH it's hardly imperative.
Consistency. It wasn't a great knock or anything, but he showed that he can continue to score runs in Test cricket.

grecian

West Indies bowling really well, such a difference from yesterday morning, this is top competitive cricket. If Rauf had giving out that lbw, England would of been in trouble. Prior et al, would crumble against this bowling imho.

Perm

It would have been excellent for that catch to be taken, I hate watching Collingwood bat.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adams being diplomatic "a close LBW turned down". IMO it was so clearly out that it wasn't close at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Collingwood. Seriously would have come out looking a lot better if he'd just been taken the first time. :p
Not if he ends-up with 137 he won't. It'll be all this nonsense about "he fought his way through and scrapped even though he wasn't playing well". 8-)