• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Trescothick
Vaughan
Bell
KP
Collingwood
Flintoff
Bopara
Read (Wk)
Harmison
Hoggard
Monty P

Vaughan and Trescothick were our best opening partnership in years in my opinion, Cook and Strauss as backups.

Only problem is having only 3 main seamers with Bopara and collingwood making up the 4th

Maybe give Glenn Chapell his long awaited and deserved chance!

Are you saying that should be the England side for the series? If so Trescothick's ruled himself out, you weapon!!

Anna

'Weapon' being a friendly, universal, insult :D I'm not entirely sure exactly who started it but it's a term widely used in Birmingham Uni men's hockey & increasingly in the geology department thanks to my mate Gus :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, it's better the ridiculous insult "soap." I had someone call me a "stupid soap" once and I just cracked up - clearly not their desired result.

Beamer

Never heard of him TBH before this season. Or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else?
116 wickets in 29 matches at an average of 23. He only played 6 matches this year. He has been performing well for the past 3 years. For some bizarre reason people like Nikitta Miller and Omari Banks got A team spots ahead of him, thats why you haven't really heard of him.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Based on the WI squad my X1 would be...

Chris Gayle
Daren Ganga
Devon Smith
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Runako Morton
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome Taylor
Daren Powell
Corey Collymore

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Well, it's better the ridiculous insult "soap." I had someone call me a "stupid soap" once and I just cracked up - clearly not their desired result.
ive been called a 'plum'....now thats a fruit and so good 4 u! I dont get their insult! :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Vaughan doubtful for the first test at Lords

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/6621615.stm

That might mean that we see Trescothick come back sooner than originally thought now. Or we might get Joyce in the side 8-)

Or perhaps Shah, who I think I'd prefer.

Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Pothas
Flintoff
Harmison
Hoggard
Panesar

I think I'd probably just about go with Strauss over Collingwood as captain as well

Nishant

International 12th Man
Vaughan doubtful for the first test at Lords

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/6621615.stm

That might mean that we see Trescothick come back sooner than originally thought now. Or we might get Joyce in the side 8-)

Or perhaps Shah, who I think I'd prefer.

Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Pothas
Flintoff
Harmison
Hoggard
Panesar

I think I'd probably just about go with Strauss over Collingwood as captain as well

im not really an england supporter, put even im getting quite pissed off by Vaughan and his injuries. Why dont u just get rid of him...it catually might make the team more stable, mentally. Instead ur always worrying abt the fitness of that one player who doesnt perform anyway and u have ppl coming in and out of the squad.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
It is getting a bit tedious, but I suppose the poor bloke can't help it. It's a shame, because he's a classy, elegant batsman, who deserves to have a long, unbroken career, but sadly, cricket doesn't work like that and give us all what we want.

Just ask Brian Lara :dry:

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Or we might get Joyce in the side 8-)
whats wrong with joyce? his odi performances were average, because he's nothing special in limited overs cricket. it was another case of england selectors picking a player in his weaker form of the game, joyce is a fine player in the longer form.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Vaughan being out (and he should be out - there's no way we should try and get rush him back in time for the first test) just means we'll play 5 bowlers...or 4 bowlers and Sajid Mahmood tbh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
im not really an england supporter, put even im getting quite pissed off by Vaughan and his injuries. Why dont u just get rid of him...it catually might make the team more stable, mentally. Instead ur always worrying abt the fitness of that one player who doesnt perform anyway and u have ppl coming in and out of the squad.
Being hit on the hand can happen to anyone.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
whats wrong with joyce? his odi performances were average, because he's nothing special in limited overs cricket. it was
I just think there are better batsmen around than Joyce who are more deserving of the position.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He performs in Tests though so you're wrong there. He's the best for the captain job based on record and he can actually hold his place in the team if he gets a run.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
whats wrong with joyce? his odi performances were average, because he's nothing special in limited overs cricket. it was another case of england selectors picking a player in his weaker form of the game, joyce is a fine player in the longer form.
I feel England should do away with Joyce as that brings a lot of predictability to the line up. Strauss, Bell, Cook are all of the same mould and they can go for Owais Shah i guess, who would make the line up look versatile.

IMHO, Joyce is nothing special.

Last edited: