• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whatmore quits Bangladesh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is Whatmore headed back to Lanka?

I hope so.

Amazing, this - a total reshuffle of coaches in the international arena.

How many teams are going to have the same coach after this Cup they had coming into it? Only SA and NZ even look like it, and there's a decent chance Bracewell might go there too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whatmore will most likely go to Sri Lanka, who are very keen to get him. He could also find himself as the next proper Indian coach, which would definately help out the Indian fielding cause. He's done some very good things for Bangladesh cricket, the BCB owes him big time.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I hadn't thought of him going to SL - and is a third spell a good idea? I do think he's holding out for India though. Has Moody quit SL yet? There is a story he wnts to coach WA - hmm, to build a CV in the Pura Cup in case Neilsen fails as Aussie coach? As for coaches after the WC does anyone know if King will survive the WI WC flop? And if he does not, who would fancy waking the sleeping giant?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hadn't thought of him going to SL - and is a third spell a good idea? I do think he's holding out for India though. Has Moody quit SL yet? There is a story he wnts to coach WA - hmm, to build a CV in the Pura Cup in case Neilsen fails as Aussie coach? As for coaches after the WC does anyone know if King will survive the WI WC flop? And if he does not, who would fancy waking the sleeping giant?
From what I've read, there hasn't been a heap of pressure placed upon Bennett King, most of it has come onto Lara who is unfortunately leaving the West Indies team very soon. The rumour is that Moody wants to coach Western Australia, but I am pretty sure he is leaving the Sri Lankan job after the World Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think a third spell at Lanka would be a great idea for Dav - especially with the prospects they're currently armed with.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Dav + Lanka = World Cup 2011?

Aah, well we lost him, bad blow! Dav in Lanka would be great though.

As for the Bangers, oh boy, who to now?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
From what I've read, there hasn't been a heap of pressure placed upon Bennett King, most of it has come onto Lara who is unfortunately leaving the West Indies team very soon. The rumour is that Moody wants to coach Western Australia, but I am pretty sure he is leaving the Sri Lankan job after the World Cup.

I think Whatmore would prefer India to Sri Lanka.......he's made no secret of the fact, both in 2005 and 2007, that he would like the Indian job.

THe big question is whether the BCCI want Whatmore ?
The timing is perfect really, Shastri is the nmanager *** coach just for the Bangladesh tour and Whatmore leaves Bangers after the same tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well the indications so far are that Whatmore will come to India, Wright will go to Pakistan and Moody and King and Buchanan will all leave their jobs, that means 6 top teams changing their coaches after this WC. Pakistan and Windies have had a change in captains as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well the indications so far are that Whatmore will come to India, Wright will go to Pakistan and Moody and King and Buchanan will all leave their jobs, that means 6 top teams changing their coaches after this WC. Pakistan and Windies have had a change in captains as well.
Quite possibly England, too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, none of the teams are ever really gonna look the same are they? Players retiring, captaincy changes, change of coaches, it is gonna take time for the entire cricket world to settle down after this WC, I think. :)

pasag

RTDAS
Brilliant servant to Bangladesh cricket. They owe him so much.

I don't think he'd do well coaching teams like India or England (I know England have already found a coach) because of their politics and media, but I think he'd do a great job going back to Sri Lanka.