• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whatmore quits Bangladesh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah i would like him to take up bangladesh's coaching job because bangladesh needs exactly what he was trying to do with india but he does have 2 coaching jobs lined up for him. One is in india's national academy and the other is in australia
What position in Australia? As fas as I know all the states have coaches and Tim Nielsen is the new national coach.

Perm

Really should be aware of CW drama by now. :wallbash:
The trouble with being a Cricket Chat recluse, you don't often venture into Off Topic :p

Just checked, only 268 of your posts have been made in OT. :-O

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
The trouble with being a Cricket Chat recluse, you don't often venture into Off Topic :p

Just checked, only 58 of your posts have been made in OT. :-O
Haha, don't usually have time for OT - get my dose of cricket in CC while I can and get back to business. Recently, I have ventured into OT more often - certainly know about Rodgie's issues but not every nuance of his behavior. Hence, owned. :cool:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Would be amazed if John Wright coached Pakistan......I know there have been rumours to that effect but I think them to be unlikely.

Perm

Would be amazed if John Wright coached Pakistan......I know there have been rumours to that effect but I think them to be unlikely.
Indeed it would be quite interesting, no doubt he would quickly see the other side of the traditional India vs Pakistan mentality.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What position in Australia? As fas as I know all the states have coaches and Tim Nielsen is the new national coach.
I don't think the South Australian position or West Australian position (technically) has been filled it. There would be a good chance Chappell might go back to South Australia.

Perm

I don't think the South Australian position or West Australian position (technically) has been filled it. There would be a good chance Chappell might go back to South Australia.
I suppose, would be a lifestyle thing, just like with Tom Moody.

cricman

International 12th Man
BCB has a shortlist of 6 canidates and there gonna after Steve Waugh really hard, too bad he can't bat for bangladesh he'd be the Best Batsmen on the team :( But if we do land him I think he can really help the batsmen mature into there potential.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
BCB has a shortlist of 6 canidates and there gonna after Steve Waugh really hard, too bad he can't bat for bangladesh he'd be the Best Batsmen on the team :( But if we do land him I think he can really help the batsmen mature into there potential.
Man i was just talking to my mate yesterday and he said that Steve Waugh would be perfect coach for them. Who else is on the short list?

cricman

International 12th Man
Man i was just talking to my mate yesterday and he said that Steve Waugh would be perfect coach for them. Who else is on the short list?
Allan Donald has told the BCB media manager that he'd want to coach the team so he's on the list and Desmond Haynes has been given as a suggestion by Clive Lloyd.

So thats 3 out of 6 and John Wright and Tom Moody have been discussed but IMO they won't take the position. I think former A team/U-19 coach Richard Mcinnes would be on that short list as well.

The 2 that I'm positive is Donald and Waugh. The other 4 have been names that have been in local papers etc.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
if they had the money than i would have them be like india and have two coaches donald-bowling and waugh batting coach but im sure they aint that rich...And as the head coach they could switch from one to another depending on the situation and how goes...but i would start with waugh as head coach.

Perm

Interesting to hear some great former players getting into coaching. Waugh, Donald, Haynes, all putting something back into cricket. Great to see.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am hoping and praying Moody will stay with us till 2011.

But my gut feeling says, he is going to England (even though it doesn't appear that way ATM) .

What next for us .... ? Greg Chappell for us (we are not rich as India but he would love our weather and the package may not be too bad) or ? John Wright or even John Bracewell perhaps ...My gut feeling is NZ will want Wright if Bracewell goes.

I think either of those 2 -who ever is available will be a great coach for us - unless they are beyond our means, I just wonder if we should pick Alan Donald -he would do a great job with our bowlers .

Whatmore is heading to India I suspect, although I still think if we can't get any of the above and he is still available , he would still be worth a shot. We are beggars in the international coaching stakes...so we can't be choosers...

Ashley Mallett has been doing some work with our spinners, I wonder if he has any interest in coaching the National Team....worth putting a few feelers in that direction to Mallett...Steve Rixon ...Geoff Marsh ....Bennett King (may quit Windies after World Cup) .

How about Wasim Akram or Roger Binny ? Either could be great coaches for our team...

Perm

I am hoping and praying Moody will stay with us till 2011.

But my gut feeling says, he is going to England (even though it doesn't appear that way ATM) .

What next for us .... ? Greg Chappell for us (we are not rich as India but he would love our weather and the package may not be too bad) or ? John Wright or even John Bracewell perhaps ...My gut feeling is NZ will want Wright if Bracewell goes.

I think either of those 2 -who ever is available will be a great coach for us - unless they are beyond our means, I just wonder if we should pick Alan Donald -he would do a great job with our bowlers .

Whatmore is heading to India I suspect, although I still think if we can't get any of the above and he is still available , he would still be worth a shot. We are beggars in the international coaching stakes...so we can't be choosers...

Ashley Mallett has been doing some work with our spinners, I wonder if he has any interest in coaching the National Team....worth putting a few feelers in that direction to Mallett...Steve Rixon ...Geoff Marsh ....Bennett King (may quit Windies after World Cup) .

How about Wasim Akram or Roger Binny ? Either could be great coaches for our team...
Trust me, you don't want John Bracewell. The man is an idiot.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Trust me, you don't want John Bracewell. The man is an idiot.
I would love John Wright , but my gut feeling tells me NZ may swap coaches after World Cup. And Wright will be retained by NZ.

If Wright is unavailable Bracewell could be a good coach - I am hoping he will not be repeating the mistakes he made with NZ and he would be all the better for it. :)